Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Anyone ever have a plantar wart?

Posted by on Jul. 29, 2013 at 4:18 PM
  • 46 Replies
I've had one on the bottom of my big toe for a few months and it hurts so bad!!! My doctor gave me a cream but it didn't clear it up so now I have to talk about other options like freezing or cutting it out. I just want the damn thing gone already!
by on Jul. 29, 2013 at 4:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
aphrodite7400
by Silver Member on Jul. 29, 2013 at 4:19 PM

yes, when i was 20 or so.   it was on the sole of my foot.  i had to cut it off.  it was painful to walk around for a while but it healed quickly.  never came back and i am 33 now :)

KymberleeAnn
by on Jul. 29, 2013 at 4:20 PM

No but I but it's pretty painful

Freela
by Platinum Member on Jul. 29, 2013 at 4:20 PM

Yes, they're a nuisance! There are products that are corrosive that will basically burn them off... but I never had much luck with them. I eventually had mine cut out by my doctor.

Foleygirl24
by on Jul. 29, 2013 at 4:22 PM

I used to get them all the time (I was a swimmer and pool decks tend to spread them). I just put duct tape on it for a while and it would die on it's own. Cuts off the air supply. Just make sure you only cover the wart though, because the duct tape will cut off the air to any skin it touches (which can be bad, so don't wrap your toe in it or anything).

WendyJR
by Silver Member on Jul. 29, 2013 at 4:23 PM
I have had them. I just use over the counter stuff and it has always worked for me.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Bethsunshine
by Emerald Member on Jul. 29, 2013 at 4:23 PM

I had one a couple of years ago on the bottom of my foot. It hurt like crazy! I just got the store brand Compound W liquid and put it on there every day for a couple of weeks. It got rid of it.

missymackie
by Mrs. Dixon on Jul. 29, 2013 at 4:23 PM
Have you tried the over the counter ones that freeze it off?
The_Doodle
by Platinum Member on Jul. 29, 2013 at 4:24 PM

Yup. I would stay on top of it to prevent it from growing, too. I had one on the ball of my foot when I was a teen and we tried at home remedies and the doctor freezing it off too many times with it not working. By the time it was cut out, they had to remove a big piece and I ended up with nerve damage in my foot and hammertoe because I lost some control of my toes. :(

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 29, 2013 at 4:24 PM
1 mom liked this

I did when I was a kid. I dug it out. Hurt, but worth it.

KFOS
by on Jul. 29, 2013 at 4:24 PM

I had one when I was 12 on the bottom of my foot, it got really big! The dermatologist froze it two different times, and it still didn't work! My dad ended up cutting it open and popping out the seeds, they were the size of watermelon seeds, it was freaking gross & hurt, but it actually worked.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)