Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

She can't be hit because she's a girl???

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 110 Replies
I'm going to post this but have to do some running around, so I'll respond to everyone once I'm home.

Here's the situation:
I have a 4 year old son who is very well mannered, and is taught very well, how to act like a gentleman.
I have a 4 year old niece whose parents take pride is raising their daughter to be a tomboy.
They teach her to fight, and how to be able to pretty much hang with the boys since she's around boys all the time.

I have made it known that I think that if a woman/girl balls up her fists and hits a man, like she, herself is a man, she should expect to get hit in return and that it pisses me off when a man is expected to just sit there and take it when a woman hits him, just because she's a woman.

I have a female cousin who found this out....she grew up fast and had to know how to fight and she got in to it with men (she would start it) and get her ass put in place.

Well, SO, my son, myself, his brother, SIL and their daughter, were all out a few days ago when my niece was running around acting like a little asshole all day.
She was pretty much pushing on my son and he'd simply walk away from her and her parents would laugh.

At one point, she balled up her fist and hit my son the middle of his back and before I could jump up, my son balled up his fist and hit her on her arm and yelled "Leave me alone!!"
Her parents started to yell at him for hitting her because she's a girl and then I stopped them and reminded them that if they tech their daughter to hit like a man, she's going to get hit in return.

Now, I've explained to him before, that he is not to hit girls but this whole incident has me thinking of new ways to explain this to him.
I don't want him to think he can't defend himself when the person attacking him, is a female.
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 29, 2013 at 4:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 29, 2013 at 4:31 PM
3 moms liked this

IMO, a man should only hit a woman if he is in real fear for his life.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 29, 2013 at 4:35 PM
16 moms liked this

I agree, if a female wants to step up to the plate and hit like a man, she should expect to be hit back.

BluePandaDreams
by on Jul. 29, 2013 at 4:39 PM
10 moms liked this
My rule. Don't hit anybody unless they hit you first; male or female. A man or woman has a right to protect themselves regardless of the gender of the person hitting them.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 29, 2013 at 4:40 PM
2 moms liked this
This is how I'll explain it to my son.
I will not have him taking shit from a chick just because she's a chick.

Quoting BluePandaDreams:

My rule. Don't hit anybody unless they hit you first; male or female. A man or woman has a right to protect themselves regardless of the gender of the person hitting them.

kaylaybaby666
by on Jul. 29, 2013 at 4:41 PM
Well they are just kids so really, who cares if he hit her
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jul. 29, 2013 at 4:42 PM

I don't think gender matters at all.  No one should be raising their hand to strike another person unless they're defending themselves from attack.  If you choose to hit someone, be prepared to be hit back.  Don't cry foul if you're a female who got hit by someone if you hit them first.

justbreatheOx
by Platinum Member on Jul. 29, 2013 at 4:43 PM
1 mom liked this
Clearly he was at his breaking point. Maybe she'll leave him the hell alone from now on.
KenneMaw
by Gold Member on Jul. 29, 2013 at 4:43 PM
1 mom liked this

I would limit my contact with that family until they realize that they are raising a bully. Also, they shouldn't laugh when another child walks away from their snowflake.    It is one thing to be able to defend yourself, but there is a time and place for that.  If a young child, boy or girl, is going to hit and be mean, then they shouldn't be surprised if they get hit too.  I am not saying it is right, but that is the way of the world.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jul. 29, 2013 at 4:44 PM
3 moms liked this
This may be the dumbest thing I've ever read.

Quoting kaylaybaby666:

Well they are just kids so really, who cares if he hit her
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Jul. 29, 2013 at 4:44 PM
Why is anyone being taught to fight and that it's okay to hit anyone?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)