Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

4 years of living apart still can't get divorced

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 86 Replies
My husband and I can't afford a divorce. We couldn't stand each other did a live in separation for six months then I got an apartment low income and lived with our daughter I was barely making ends meet he didn't even have a job. We couldn't afford a divorce. After two years of being seperated I met someone and fell in love and moved in with him for two years and five months we have been together. We want to get married next year just a small cheap ceremony no reception but I don't think I can afford a divorce in time and the whole situation is sad and stressful. My ex still doesn't have a good job and can't afford it either he doesn't care if we stay married or not because he's single and as long as we don't have to see each other besides pick up and drop off of our daughter he is happy. I'm so depressed because I just want it done with
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 29, 2013 at 5:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kgsharber
by Gold Member on Jul. 29, 2013 at 5:32 PM

It only costs $150 here for an uncontested divorce. You have already separated all the belongings (equity) and you have a custody agreement that's working. It should be easy. You don't need a lawyer.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 29, 2013 at 5:35 PM
I've looked into dissolution of marriage and they don't have that in my state. I am so bad at all of the legal stuff I will research into uncontested divorce I'm afraid ill mess up all of the paper work and be screwed

Quoting kgsharber:

It only costs $150 here for an uncontested divorce. You have already separated all the belongings (equity) and you have a custody agreement that's working. It should be easy. You don't need a lawyer.

AJsMom81507
by Gold Member on Jul. 29, 2013 at 5:36 PM

what state are you in?

thenameshailie
by Ruby Member on Jul. 29, 2013 at 5:37 PM

It doesnt cost that much to get it done if neither of you are dragging it out. Why the rush on the new wedding?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 29, 2013 at 5:37 PM
Ex is in Ohio I am in West Virginia

Quoting AJsMom81507:

what state are you in?

eSamsMama
by on Jul. 29, 2013 at 5:38 PM
1 mom liked this

There are websites that can help you fill everything out. Check with your local couthouse. Since you both agree to divorce, should be quick and (relatively) painless

prdmama1154
by on Jul. 29, 2013 at 5:38 PM
Bump for later
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 29, 2013 at 5:39 PM
It's not a rush we just love each other and want to get married and are expecting a baby in February

Quoting thenameshailie:

It doesnt cost that much to get it done if neither of you are dragging it out. Why the rush on the new wedding?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 29, 2013 at 5:40 PM
10 moms liked this

Really? You can't afford a divorce so LETS BRING A BABY INTO IT.

thenameshailie
by Ruby Member on Jul. 29, 2013 at 5:41 PM

Oh, yes I would want to get it done soon then too. Cant you only pay the filers fees and file everything yourself instead of paying a lawyer to do it? 

Quoting Anonymous:

It's not a rush we just love each other and want to get married and are expecting a baby in February

Quoting thenameshailie:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)