Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Updated 7/31! Anyone ever have a tick bite react.... Warning possible gross pic

Posted by on Jul. 29, 2013 at 8:17 PM
  • 129 Replies

Like this? I've been to dr... On 2 antibiotics an its still growing. Doesn't hurt just itches really bad added photos on pg 8 and 9 from sat and Sunday**** going to bed now ill update tomorrow :) thanks ladies for all advice or ideas! If its worst tomorrow after 24 hours of antibiotics I will have it rechecked ASAP!

Tuesday morning update! So woke up and the redness outside of the blue circle is all gone! The itching is not so bad today either, I can actually walk around with both pant legs down last night I couldn't because the fabric touching it made it oh so itchy. Photo fr today is comment 120!

7/31 update: ugh, went to dr it's grown but on a positive note the swelling is gone. Dr had no clue why the red is growing. I have to go in again Monday. If it gets worst before then I am to go see her physician assistant Friday. Antibiotics are ripping my stomach up so now I have a sick stomach (normal antibiotic reaction for myself)
Now at 4:15pm I am hurting, my right side is hurting Like right above my butt so i am assuming its my siatic nerve acting up and I am getting dizzy spells, my blood pressure was low today 100/54 so its prob from that, i over all dont feel the greatest. So hoping this is just panic in me I really really dont want it to be anything serious. the dr didnt think it was serious even though she has no clue what is going on with this tick bite. so frustrating. got to run i feel a headache coming on so I am going to take some advil and make my kids some mac n cheese (the blue box kind so bash away) and rest.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jul. 29, 2013 at 8:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 29, 2013 at 8:18 PM

Are you sure it was a tick? Did you remove it? It almost looks like a brown recluse spider bite!

KGreen75
by on Jul. 29, 2013 at 8:19 PM
2 moms liked this
Get tested for Lyme disease.

Is this the only symptom you're having?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
aphrodite7400
by Silver Member on Jul. 29, 2013 at 8:19 PM

holy crap!! no!!! 

mysticalmalissa
by Platinum Member on Jul. 29, 2013 at 8:19 PM

Holy wow!

No, I've never seen anyone have that kind of reaction.

I had 4 tics on me last week and the spots are gone already.

I'm glad for you sake that it doesn't hurt.

sunrisekn
by on Jul. 29, 2013 at 8:20 PM
1 mom liked this

Have you been tested for MRSA?

beckyr

Yikes!  We've dealt with a lot of tick bites over the years but nothing that ever looked like that.  That looks painful.     I'm glad you're on antibiotics.  If you're not already doing so, keep that thing covered in Neosporin.  If the head of the tick came off and is stuck in there, the Neosporin will help it slide out over time.   It's never failed us here.

fairyjester

my reply is see replies 1 and 2

areles
by Platinum Member on Jul. 29, 2013 at 8:20 PM
what sort of doc did you go to?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jesistar6910

Yikes. 

Who took it out? You or the doctor? 

Maybe the head is still in there.

Sorry, I've never seen one that bad. 

gypsy_rose
by Kandy on Jul. 29, 2013 at 8:21 PM
Looks like lyme.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)