Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Wisdom teeth PAIN!!!!

Posted by on Jul. 29, 2013 at 8:51 PM
  • 26 Replies

I had my wisdom teeth extracted this last Tuesday and I'm in soooooo much pain that I can't stand it. I can't believe how much worse the pain has gotten. I've heard the term dry socket although not really sure what that is. I plan on calling the dentist tomorrow but do they do anything for a dry socket (if thats whats going on) or am I better off just dealing with it? They prescribed me oxy's the day of the extraction and I took two that day but that's the last time I took them, I'm just not a medication taker so I'm just dying!! Has anyone experienced whatever a dry socket is and did you just have to deal or can they fix that? And if it is something they can fix, can it be done without any sort of sedation? Thanks for any advice

by on Jul. 29, 2013 at 8:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
2ArfarasMom
by on Jul. 29, 2013 at 8:56 PM

BUMP!

2ArfarasMom

BUMP!

2ArfarasMom

BUMP!

Babydoll2527
by Bronze Member on Jul. 29, 2013 at 8:57 PM
I had two dry sockets side-by-side. They put some paste like meds & guaze on mine that absorbed into gum to heal the sockets..it eased the pain enough that with pain meds i could finally think straight. Dry sockets are extremly painful & more common with wisdom teeth extraction. Good luck mama!
2ArfarasMom
by on Jul. 29, 2013 at 8:57 PM

BUMP!

kristine8333
by Bronze Member on Jul. 29, 2013 at 8:58 PM
Do you have a bad taste in your mouth as well? I had dry socket & that happend to me. They medicate it if it is dry socket.
2ArfarasMom
by on Jul. 29, 2013 at 9:00 PM
It's funny you ask that -- at one point today I thought to myself that I had a bad taste in my mouth and didn't know why
Quoting kristine8333:

Do you have a bad taste in your mouth as well? I had dry socket & that happend to me. They medicate it if it is dry socket.
cbk_mom3
by JayTayGma on Jul. 29, 2013 at 9:00 PM

I had a dry socket after I had mine out, and had to go back in so they could pack it. Bless your heart, I know how much pain you are in. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 29, 2013 at 9:00 PM

Had it years ago. They gave me Tylenol with codeine and it made me I'll.

I've heard Aleive is good. Feel better. Hugs.

2ArfarasMom
by on Jul. 29, 2013 at 9:01 PM
1 mom liked this
Thank you! That sucks that you had two!! I can't imagine. I'm in so much pain right now that I can't even focus on anything. The fact I'm able to type sentences right now that make any sense is a miracle lol. Hopefully it'll get better soon!
Quoting Babydoll2527:

I had two dry sockets side-by-side. They put some paste like meds & guaze on mine that absorbed into gum to heal the sockets..it eased the pain enough that with pain meds i could finally think straight. Dry sockets are extremly painful & more common with wisdom teeth extraction. Good luck mama!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured