Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My kids are leaving the country

Posted by on Jul. 29, 2013 at 9:11 PM
  • 36 Replies

next week and anxiety is setting in deep.  It's just for 20 days and I know they will have a great time and enjoy getting to know their extended family over there...I just can't help the anxiety setting in on my heart.  It's partly because of the anger I still have towards their father (my ex-husband) so I know it's not fair for me to feel this way.  Anyway, just wanted to get it out (vent a little) to relieve some of the pressure.  

by on Jul. 29, 2013 at 9:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jul. 29, 2013 at 9:13 PM
1 mom liked this
Oh yea it's normal to feel that way espially you close with your babies
mommyof11050307
by Platinum Member on Jul. 29, 2013 at 9:15 PM
Where are they going?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PhantomRose88
by Ruby Member on Jul. 29, 2013 at 9:16 PM

Morocco

Quoting mommyof11050307:

Where are they going?

mrstompkins
by Bronze Member on Jul. 29, 2013 at 9:16 PM

Yikes, that's tough. I know you will miss them, but try to enjoy your alone time. Good luck :)

PhantomRose88
by Ruby Member on Jul. 29, 2013 at 9:17 PM

Yeah, Im not going to know what to do with myself :/ 

But, I will try. 

Quoting mrstompkins:

Yikes, that's tough. I know you will miss them, but try to enjoy your alone time. Good luck :)

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 29, 2013 at 9:25 PM
1 mom liked this
Personally I would never let my child leave the country without me, even that scares me especially if your ex is a jerk. Make sure you know the laws of that country. I'm not trying to scare you, just be careful.
PhantomRose88
by Ruby Member on Jul. 29, 2013 at 9:32 PM

He wasn't a jerk per say. He just had his priorities all in the wrong places and I finally just gave up on the marriage. He's a very good father, I'm not worried about that.  I've been there many times and I know my rights there and my current FIL has connections to the police and higher ups there, so again, I'm ok regarding those issues. My kids have a very large family over there and they need to know them, so, I can't deny them the right to have family.  I just don't want to let my babies go far from me :/

Quoting Anonymous:

Personally I would never let my child leave the country without me, even that scares me especially if your ex is a jerk. Make sure you know the laws of that country. I'm not trying to scare you, just be careful.

KaylinC03
by Platinum Member on Jul. 29, 2013 at 9:33 PM

How old are they?

LeJane
by Bronze Member on Jul. 29, 2013 at 9:33 PM
1 mom liked this

Hugs !    I understand.    I would do my best to look at it as a time to pamper yourself.    Set up a day at the salon, indulge in some me time... nice bubble baths and take time to just relax.    They will be back before you know it.   :-)

PhantomRose88
by Ruby Member on Jul. 29, 2013 at 9:34 PM

8 years and 5 years old

Quoting KaylinC03:

How old are they?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)