Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Pregnant at 47, really? **edit**

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Why the hell would you do that to the kid first of all, second of all to yourself. You're gonna be 65 when that kid is 18. You are gonna be so out of touch with your kids generation, you won't be able to sympathize with them AT ALL. Teeangers barely take advice from their parents who were their age only a couple decades ago, let alone someone old enough to be their grandma! Reminds me of those few kids I knew growing up whose parents abandoned them and they were being raised by their poor old grandparents. They ran wild because their care takers were too weak, old, and oblivious to discipline them. They'd never take a 65 year old seriously anyway. But keep parading this selfish chemically engineered pregnancy around as some sort of "miracle".

Edit-
This person is related to me and I will be the one assuming responsiblity of the child if something should happen to the parents.
Quit being presumptuous and telling me it's not my business.
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 30, 2013 at 1:36 AM
Replies (191-195):
LisaSmock
by on Jul. 30, 2013 at 5:25 PM

she was a wonderful mother  i could not have asked for better   but she could have been younger 

Quoting sexysiren1983:

haha that was me in middleschool...mom had me at 39

Quoting LisaSmock:

yep my mom was 37 when she had me and kids would say (not to be mean they just didnt know )  "lisa your grandma is here for you" 

sad

thetrollcat
by Meow on Jul. 30, 2013 at 5:28 PM

my grandmother on my dad's side had a kid older... I think I was maybe twelve? Anyhow my uncle is the same age as my youngest bro he just turned 36 this year. Im 42.......

twisted_tongue
by Bronze Member on Jul. 30, 2013 at 5:31 PM
I would be really scared to be pregnant at that age for health reasons, not so much because I would be out of touch with my childs generation.
csxt99
by Jennifer on Jul. 30, 2013 at 10:07 PM

Related or not, it's still none of your business.

maureen813
by Gold Member on Oct. 18, 2013 at 10:23 PM
I had my oldest at thirty seven and youngest when I was almost forty. If I could have been sure that health was not an issue, I would have had one more when I was forty two. My neighbor had her fifth when she was almost forty four. As long as someone understands the risks and is in good health, financially secure, mature, intelligent and loving...where is the issue? Thousands of women in their mid forties give birth every day in America.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)