Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Sitting here holding my screaming

Posted by on Jul. 30, 2013 at 2:04 AM
  • 32 Replies
5 year old. I really wish I could take his pain away, he has tubes in his ears. Its his 2 nd set. They are coming out, I can see the tube and allot of fluid with some blood. The first set never hurt coming out, he didnt even know they did. DDS didn't hurt coming out. I don't know why this set does. He's crying and saying it feels like his ear is full of water.. Uh I just want my baby to feel better and this stupid tube to pop out!
by on Jul. 30, 2013 at 2:04 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
bowribbonmama
by Ruby Member on Jul. 30, 2013 at 2:05 AM
I'd go to the ER.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CrossStitchMum
by Gold Member on Jul. 30, 2013 at 2:06 AM

why has he got tubes in his ears? is it for a medical condition? Poor boy, its horrible to see them in pain

notjstanothrmom
by Ruby Member on Jul. 30, 2013 at 2:06 AM
Did you give him pain meds? Call his pediatrician to see If it's normal or maybe he needs urgent care.
oOoLeilanioOo
by Gold Member on Jul. 30, 2013 at 2:07 AM

Call an on call nurse and see what can be done.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 30, 2013 at 2:07 AM
I agree.

Quoting bowribbonmama:

I'd go to the ER.
mommyziegler
by Bronze Member on Jul. 30, 2013 at 2:08 AM
Both of my kids have had 3 sets of tubes in their ears! Their is nothing you can do but with the infection coming out that is really good!! Get to an ent ASAP and tell them you want T tubes out in this time!! With the regular tubes all they did was cause my kids to still get infections and fall out within 6-9 months and my kids were back to square 1!! Also check into removing the adenoids!
jesistar6910
by on Jul. 30, 2013 at 2:08 AM

I hate that. 

DD is 2 and on her 3rd set :( 

Good luck momma, it will pass. Give him some tylenol and call the doctor in the morning. Sounds like a pretty big infection.

MedicMommy2
by Silver Member on Jul. 30, 2013 at 2:08 AM
Tubes are very common. The only reason to have them is for a medical condition....it is not a random thing.

Op. I would take him to the er.

Quoting CrossStitchMum:

why has he got tubes in his ears? is it for a medical condition? Poor boy, its horrible to see them in pain

babydsmommy18
by Gold Member on Jul. 30, 2013 at 2:08 AM
He has had several ear infections. After the first set fell out he had 8 infections in less then 2 months so he got the 2nd set in February 2012.

Quoting CrossStitchMum:

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 30, 2013 at 2:09 AM

I would go to the ER, blood out of my child's ears would freak me out!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)