Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My 19 year old is pregnant. (graphic story content)

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Back story When she was 22 months old my dd was raped by someone I should never have trusted. My BF at the time and his friend said they would watch her for me while I went to work. I came home and they were both passed out drunk. My baby was in her crib in the fetal position bleeding from between her legs. After I had them arrested and we spent the day in the hospital we were sent home. I packed up and we moved into my sisters house. My dd remembers nothing of it thank god! Fast forward Do to the abuse she suffered they recommended I take her to an obgyn when she started her period. Several obgyn's told me she would never have a baby due to the damage caused by what happened to her. I still taught her safe sex and what to do if she had sex etc. I knew she and her BF were having sex she told me. They have been dating for 4 years, having sex for 1 year. Fast Forward She told me yesterday that she is pregnant! She is 12 weeks along, her doctor has deemed her high risk and she wants to move back home so she can quit her job and rest, I will be letting her move home to do this. She had her now DF (6 months ago) have moved up the wedding and will be living with me until she has the baby. They will pay rent and food. I can't believe it I am going to be a grandma! I never thought this would happen!
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 30, 2013 at 2:52 AM
Replies (191-200):
Litlmama87
by Platinum Member on Jul. 30, 2013 at 3:49 PM
Most children raped as toddlers and babies do not survive without extensive medical care...

She was raped by two men & went home the same day?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ajdahd13
by on Jul. 30, 2013 at 3:51 PM
Wow.

(((HUGS)))
Anonymous
by Anonymous 23 on Jul. 30, 2013 at 3:58 PM

Congrats.

Same thing happened to my uncle's stepdaughter. She was raped at 2 by her grandfather. They said she would never have kids either, She is 25 and just had her second child.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 30, 2013 at 6:13 PM
It's not rude it an honest perspective.

Quoting Crystal185:

That's really rude. There's nothing wrong with having a child young. I'm 18 and 6 months pregnant. While it wasn't planned, I don't consider it a mistake. It's the best thing that has happened to me. It really put my life in perspective.

Quoting Anonymous:

I'm not sure that a19 year old having a baby is a miracle in my opinion. I just see a childhood lost and so much of life thrown away for her.

fairyjester
by on Jul. 30, 2013 at 7:41 PM
Maybe the guy had a really tiny winky

Quoting dmarie2101:

ok.

i still dont believe it. the damage that would have been inflicted by a grown man raping a 2 year old couldnt exactly be written off as an infection. in most cases the victims require surgery to fix internal bleeding and other injuries. even in sweeping it under the rug, i dont believe she would have gone home after a few hours. im sure that even in the ancient times of 17 years ago there was still an observation period for a toddler being raped.

im well aware women are diagnosed as infertile and then have children. ive personally known a couple its happened to. im not debating that.

Quoting helema24:

back then doctors tended to deal with the trauma by sweeping i tunder the rug. im betting that the people that did this barely did time and are free to do it again and again!! back then even when a child presented with the signs of abuse in a sexual manner they would make up diagnoses for it ie a uti or yeast infection... and then perscribe meds for it. A lot of girls were demmed unable to have hildren and went on to have several!

congrats mama your gonna be a grandmother and your daughter is defying the odds!!

Quoting dmarie2101:

she was a 2 yr old raped by 2 grown men, suffered enough damage for them to think she wouldnt be able to have kids, yet you went home the same day? ok.

congrats on your grandkid, if there is one.

buttercup627
by Platinum Member on Jul. 30, 2013 at 7:43 PM
I'm sorry for what you both went through but I'm so glad your dd has a happy ending :) congratulations
guinnmom3
by on Jul. 30, 2013 at 7:46 PM
Congrats I hope for the best for ur daughter and grandchild I pray she has a good Pregnancy and a safe delivery and a wonderful healthy child
Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Jul. 30, 2013 at 10:31 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Thank you for the information.  If she wont be covered on my insurance we will get her her own insurance.  There are many avenues for us to try.  Why don't you stop being so unpleasant.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

I went to college, dear thanks. 

She is on my insurance and will be until she is 25 years of age.  I will pay for what ever the insurance doesn't cover. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

I will be paying for her medical bills.  

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting La_Vie_en_R0se:

Quoting Anonymous:

Wow. What a terrible thing to say. This was years and years ago and I am sure she still feels guilt everyday for leaving her with them. We don't know the circumstances around her leaving her dd with him, or if he regularly got drunk. I am sure she has learned a lot in the 18 or so years since this had happened.

For those posters saying her dd is so young, she is almost 20 and will be close to 21 by the time she has the baby. She was already planning on getting married. People are so judgmental. My parents were married at 18 and my mother had my sister when she was 20. My parents are still married. Why the hate?

Perhaps because the girl will be quitting her job and is pregnant with a high risk pregnancy? Who do you think wioll be paying for her Dr's?  Last I heard the Military didn't offer domestic partner insurance if partners didn't even live together for a year first......

Bahaha. You have a GED-where the hell will you come up with the money for a high risk pregnancy?

My level 2 ultrasound and perinatologist visit were $7500.   

My friend had a high risk pregnancy-her total bills were-555,000. You  have a half a million lying around? Really?

Nice try. Go and look at that policy.  Because the majority of them won't cover maternity for a child.

And it's 26 so it's clear you are not up on this subject.

I work for the STATE GOVERNMENT-and we have great benefits-but materntity for dependents is not covered.

The health-care overhaul provides a safety net for young adult children, who can now stay on their parents’ health plans until they reach age 26. But it doesn’t guarantee that their parents’ plan will cover a common medical condition that many young women face: pregnancy.

Group health plans with 15 or more workers are required to provide maternity benefits for employees and their spouses under thePregnancy Discrimination Act of 1978. But other dependents of employees aren’t covered by the law, so companies don’t have to provide maternity coverage for them.

Although hard numbers aren’t available on how many companies don’t provide dependent maternity benefits, “I would say it’s common,” says Dania Palanker, a senior health policy adviser at the National Women’s Law Center. And the number could grow with the recent expansion of coverage to children under age 26, she says.

Ads by Google

You can't buy maternity coverage that starts after you are pregnant.  How did you go to college and not know how anything works?

Yes you can have if you live in CA there is a program called AIM Access for Women and Children.  You can get on it even if you are pregnant.  The goverment has many programs that will help a pregnant woman who needs insurance.  Now while I most likely make too much money for it to be free, I will be happy to pay for her.  Now have a nice day!

Oh so you will get her on the state insurance. You do know that at 19 and pregnant, your income won't count. Why doesn't she just quickly marry the babydaddy and get his military insurance?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Jul. 30, 2013 at 10:35 PM

Quoting tattooed_mom89:

Lol I said basically the same thing. I live 10 minutes away from Paris Island and have lots of friends and family members who in joined the marines so I know a bit about how that stuff works. About 75% of them got stationed back here at PI.

Quoting Anonymous:

They are in California....

jojo_star
by on Jul. 30, 2013 at 10:37 PM

Congratulations!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN