Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

ugh, why why why...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 42 Replies
Does the kid I babysit cry CONSTANTLY? I've been watching him for 2 mos now and at first the crying didnt bother me that much cuz I thought all he needed to do was adjust to being here. Well I was wrong, very very wrong cuz he's still acting the same. He's 15/mo and he doesnt show much emotion, he wont play with my 4 yr old who loves having another lil boy here, everytime you talk to him he just cries. He just stands around the entire 8 hrs each day I have him and he just pulls,bends and rubs his ears when he's crying/not crying. If I need to even to go use the bathroom, he panics and follows me crying and Im not talking a cry with no real tears just noise only, Im talking serious tears heavily running down his face.I've asked his mom if he acts this way at home and she says he only acts like that with her, her dh can go anywhere in or out he pleases but if she so much as walks toward the front door, he just flips out. This ofcourse doesnt seem like normal toddler behavior to me but I would love and very much appreciate some advice on this please. Kinda at my wits end today already and I still have 5 more long hrs to go.
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 30, 2013 at 10:33 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 30, 2013 at 10:37 AM
1 mom liked this

Sounds like it could be a mental issue.

However, it could also b a sign of something worse.  There could be abuse going on & honestly I would call CPS as a mandated reporter.  If nothing else they may be able to get the parents to wake up to the abnormal behavior & get their child help.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 30, 2013 at 10:38 AM
1 mom liked this

"He just stands around the entire 8 hrs each day I have him and he just pulls,bends and rubs his ears"

Maybe a doc should check him out.

Supervane
by Ruby Member on Jul. 30, 2013 at 10:40 AM
That's odd, I've never known a child to do that sounds like it's more than separation anxiety
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 30, 2013 at 10:43 AM
Abuse. Poor baby.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 30, 2013 at 11:05 AM

My son did that. Turns out he was partially deaf so if he couldnt see us he freaked out. As soon as we got tubes put in he was a totally diffrent child. He still had attachment issues but we worked with a therapist to combat that and after a few months of speech and confidence builders he was golden (he was a year old at the time of the tubes therapy lasted a year)

teaspring
by Silver Member on Jul. 30, 2013 at 11:07 AM

My daughter had separation anxiety when she began pre-K.  We were finally able to resolve it with her carrying an item she associated with me (my wallet/phone case) with a picture of me inside.  Her day-long crying resolved the first day we tried it, much to everyone's relief!  I realize this child is much younger, but it's a thought.... 

It does sound, though, with the ear tugging, that he should probably be checked out by a physician. 

miraclemom20821
by on Jul. 30, 2013 at 11:09 AM

Could he possible be in pain? Doctor maybe?

AMRios
by Gold Member on Jul. 30, 2013 at 11:14 AM

Tell her he is pulling on his ears and maybe he has an infection..

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 30, 2013 at 11:27 AM
Well she said he has done the ear thing since he was born and she even has HANDS with the health department and they either have said something she just doesnt want to mention to me or no ones told her anything period. I dont know.

Quoting AMRios:

Tell her he is pulling on his ears and maybe he has an infection..

vicki77433
by Bronze Member on Jul. 30, 2013 at 11:31 AM

Have you told his parents?  It sounds like his ears hurt.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured