Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Why do Landlords ask for this on the applications? I want to get out of my apt

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 79 Replies

There's a section on the rental application that I have to have my supervisor fill out for employment verification. I understand the landlord wants to know that you work but isn't the information for work history and pay stubs proof enough? I have to go to my jobs's office to get the main boss to fill out the section of my rental application but is not always available and I want to get out of the crummy apartment I'm in now. I've been in the same place for 4 years and the landlord here didn't need a boss to fill out info or even a last landlord cause I didn't have a landlord prior to moving here cause I lived with my mom. Even my landlord here is difficult to get a hold of cause he's also the maintenance man too.

I'm not worried about getting bad reputation from either my current landlord or boss, just the time limit of getting my application filled out for me to send to new complex. Also another thing is I just started this new job a month ago and my pay for my finishing rate has just increased this week since I'm done training so I will make enough to afford the new apartment. Also my credit is average not poor just between good and great. I never been late on rent payments and have kept my place clean and no issues. I really want to get out of my apartment and this neighborhood. It's me my boyfriend and our 2 kids one's a baby and I want them safe.

To others that don't understand I said I make $9 MORE not $9 an hour. I make $16 an hour now.

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 30, 2013 at 11:41 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LucyMom08
by BS Intolerant on Jul. 30, 2013 at 11:43 AM
What's the problem? Take the app to work and have him fill it out...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 30, 2013 at 11:46 AM

Quoting LucyMom08:

The problem is whether or not I'll get accepted in the new apartment cause I've only been with the new job for a month, but I make enough money now. I just started making $9 more after training.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 30, 2013 at 11:47 AM

BUMP!

AMRios
by on Jul. 30, 2013 at 11:50 AM
1 mom liked this

Have your manager or the person right above you fill it out... I would not take a rental app to the CEO... 

jessi2girls
by Ruby Member on Jul. 30, 2013 at 11:55 AM

whether it's verification from an employer or a credit check, for a nicer apartment complex, this is going to be expected.. many even run background checks on applicants..

If I were you, I'd have you boss fill out the application, but I wouldn't limit my apartment search to here only, fill out multiple applications in places you'd like to move to, because, let's face it.. while you may be able to afford it, and have decent/good credit..and even if you'd had your job for 4 years rather than a month or whatever.. you still might lose the place to a better applicant!.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting LucyMom08:

The problem is whether or not I'll get accepted in the new apartment cause I've only been with the new job for a month, but I make enough money now. I just started making $9 more after training.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 30, 2013 at 11:56 AM

Quoting AMRios:

Have your manager or the person right above you fill it out... I would not take a rental app to the CEO... 

IIt's not the ceo I have more than one supervisor. The one that's in charge of my department doesn't handle papers like that only my plant manager.

lnrmom
by Ruby Member on Jul. 30, 2013 at 11:58 AM

I've never had that happen. But. Ok.

PinkHart
by on Jul. 30, 2013 at 12:00 PM
1 mom liked this
They do that to verify you are in fact STILL employed. A check stub doesn't prove that, only that you were. You could have lost your job yesterday but have a pay stub for the past two weeks.
AMRios
by on Jul. 30, 2013 at 12:00 PM

That stinks... Good luck!

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting AMRios:

IIt's not the ceo I have more than one supervisor. The one that's in charge of my department doesn't handle papers like that only my plant manager.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 30, 2013 at 12:01 PM
I've never been asked to do that. Ever.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)