Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

How often do you rearrange furniture?

Posted by on Jul. 30, 2013 at 2:48 PM
  • 36 Replies

That's my goal for this entire week. Over the weekend I rearranged the girls' bedroom, decluttered it, and donated two bags full of toys.

Today I was the living room. And boy did it take a toll on my back. My vacuum cleaner decided it was time to replace the belt by breaking 20 seconds after I turned it on. So I had to sweep the carpet, and I instal the new rule that no kids eating in the living room after all the junk that was found under there. 

I'm going to attempt to rearrange and clean mine and DH's bedroom, but I really don't think I'll get very far, the bedroom is harder to move than the living room, at least the section comes apart! lol

So how often do you rearrange furniture in your house? It seems like I move stuff every 3 months or so.

by on Jul. 30, 2013 at 2:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
rachellaree20
by Rachel on Jul. 30, 2013 at 2:51 PM

I rearrange furniture when I move to a new place.  I hate moving furniture around, I'd much rather alphabetize my bookshelf or something (which i also don't do).  Meh, maybe I'm lazy but my couches are heavy!

art.diva
by Gold Member on Jul. 30, 2013 at 2:52 PM
Rarely. We are in a new house every few years, so I no longer get thrills about having to figure out the best place to put this and that. lol
Anonandon
by on Jul. 30, 2013 at 2:52 PM
I hate rearranging furniture. My husband loves it, he does it a few times a year.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 30, 2013 at 2:55 PM

i do it like every 3 month also, when i run out of ideas....i move, i can move up to 4 times in 6 monthslaughing

KanPsMommy
by Gold Member on Jul. 30, 2013 at 3:12 PM

DH thinks I'm crazy cause on days that are slow and I've only got one kid at home I rearrange all the video games and dvds in chonological and alphabetical order. It doesn't stay that way cause the baby thinks its fun to stack them like blocks lol.

Quoting rachellaree20:

I rearrange furniture when I move to a new place.  I hate moving furniture around, I'd much rather alphabetize my bookshelf or something (which i also don't do).  Meh, maybe I'm lazy but my couches are heavy!

KanPsMommy
by Gold Member on Jul. 30, 2013 at 3:12 PM

You move into a new house? 

Quoting Anonymous:

i do it like every 3 month also, when i run out of ideas....i move, i can move up to 4 times in 6 monthslaughing

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 30, 2013 at 3:13 PM
1 mom liked this

Not often. That's what I am thinking about today, though. I've been browsing Pinterest for inspiration.

KanPsMommy
by Gold Member on Jul. 30, 2013 at 3:13 PM

Military? We've been in this house for almost 4 years now. The first two years I didn't really care about where stuff was, it stayed where we put it when we moved in.. Then I got bored haha.

Quoting art.diva:

Rarely. We are in a new house every few years, so I no longer get thrills about having to figure out the best place to put this and that. lol

CelestialSong
by on Jul. 30, 2013 at 3:15 PM

About once a year or so, or if we get something new that needs to be fit in somewhere. Just a few weeks ago I swapped hubby's and my bedroom and the playroom/computer room. I want to rearrange things downstairs too but I can't come up with a better arrangement than what it is now. I like rearranging stuff though, it makes things feel newer and fresher :)

art.diva
by Gold Member on Jul. 30, 2013 at 3:16 PM
Yup. DH is a marine.

Quoting KanPsMommy:

Military? We've been in this house for almost 4 years now. The first two years I didn't really care about where stuff was, it stayed where we put it when we moved in.. Then I got bored haha.

Quoting art.diva:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)