Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Poll

Question: So....?

Options:

No desire to get off of PA

I lied to get on it

I actually need it, FUCK YOU naysayers

Not on PA, but I'm a nosey bitch

I'm on it but trying HARD to get off

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 214

View Results

And have NO desire of getting off because you like free shit?
Or hell, who's on PA and don't need it, or lied to get it?

Post anon if you please.

I just want to see if the MC stereotype is correct.
by on Jul. 30, 2013 at 2:50 PM
Replies (181-185):
KylesWifey
by Gold Member on Sep. 7, 2013 at 6:20 PM

I'm on fs...kinda, I get $30 a month lol. Dh just got an awesome job with insurance which is why our fs went down. And we have Medicaid for the kids as secondary insurance after insurance through dh work.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Sep. 7, 2013 at 6:23 PM

No, I never received cash assistance. I lied by saying that my husband didn't live with me so only my funds were counted. I also used the fear of retaliation reason that they couldn't go after him for child support. 

Quoting Anonymous:

What did you lie about to get it? Was it cash assistance? Its hard to lie since welfare goes after the father fpr child support unless you lied to them..no bashing just curious

Quoting Anonymous:

I was taught honesty, and the kids don't know. I needed benefits once upon a time and it became addictive. Losing them caused anxiety so I lied to get them back. No justifying, just how it is.

Quoting Anonymous:

why?  were you never taught to be honest?  is that the example you want your kids to live by? go ahead, baby, you can lie to get what you want.  it's cool

i just bet your be pissed off at someone for lying to you

Quoting Anonymous:

Lied to get it here.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 39 on Sep. 7, 2013 at 6:27 PM

when ever it comes time to reapply i call in sick or take an upaid days off and my husbands will also take unpaid days. We got fmla for a real condition so he won't get in trouble at work. The denied my day care by 12 dollars and cut my foodstamps so now we do this and it works ..all my state cares about is submitting one month of checks.

Quoting Anonymous:

I work 20 hours a week on the books and the rest off the books so I can keep getting SNAP.  I guess I am one of the alleged "bad apples" contributing to the stereotype.  So are many of my neighbors.  I don't think the stereotypes are too far from the truth.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Sep. 7, 2013 at 6:35 PM

No, between myself and hubby now we no longer have tight months. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Are you still on it now? Ive done that...contemplating applying for cash but then they would question the kids father for child support..whoops

Quoting Anonymous:

No, I never received cash assistance. I lied by saying that my husband didn't live with me so only my funds were counted. I also used the fear of retaliation reason that they couldn't go after him for child support. 

Quoting Anonymous:

What did you lie about to get it? Was it cash assistance? Its hard to lie since welfare goes after the father fpr child support unless you lied to them..no bashing just curious

Quoting Anonymous:

I was taught honesty, and the kids don't know. I needed benefits once upon a time and it became addictive. Losing them caused anxiety so I lied to get them back. No justifying, just how it is.

Quoting Anonymous:

why?  were you never taught to be honest?  is that the example you want your kids to live by? go ahead, baby, you can lie to get what you want.  it's cool

i just bet your be pissed off at someone for lying to you

Quoting Anonymous:

Lied to get it here.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 40 on Sep. 7, 2013 at 6:40 PM
I work 50-60 hours a week, but have medical card for my son who has a congenital heart defect and myself as secondary (I have insurance through my employer as primary) only during pregnancy. I am currently receiving wic because I am off work due to high risk pregnancy and complications.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN