Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Pregnant and vomiting blood???? (Gross but someone please help.)

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
I'm 15 weeks 5 days pregnant. I'm a type one diabetic.

I haven't had a lot of vomiting. However I've lost 15 lbs.

This morning at 4 am I woke up with a horrible pain in my stomach. I thought I needed to use the bathroom.

I ended up vomiting. Vomiting for 4 hours straight. I basically had to sit on the bathroom floor and every 5-10 minutes I'd vomit. It wasn't large amounts. But it didn't come up easy. It would get stuck in my throat and gag me. I tried drinking water and that came up almost immediately. The vomit like a dark tan. And the more I'd vomit the more I'd notice the red slimy stuff in my vomit. I wasn't sure but to me it looked like blood. And id have a weird metalic taste in my mouth. And all the vomit was complete liquid. The last things I and eaten was some chicken alfredo at dinner.

At 8:00 I called my doctor because I wasn't sure if the red stuff in my vomit was a normal thing or something to be concerned about.

All the nurse told me was to focus on liquids like Gatorade, and sprite. And that if I wasn't keeping any liquids down by morning then I'd have to go to the hospital and be put on an IV for fluids. She said shed fax a prescription over to the pharmacy that would help with the vomiting.

Im still not sure if its normal.

I've kept about half of my fluids down so far. I haven't kept any food down at all. And I still don't know if this is normal.

I also have dhiarria. (Which I told her about .)

My stomach feels horrible. Every time I move I hurt. And every time I bend down I feel like vomiting again (last 3 times I did vomit....)

Does anyone know If this is normal??
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 30, 2013 at 2:51 PM
Replies (11-20):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 30, 2013 at 3:13 PM
It's probably not a big deal. I did that when pregnant with my first. Dr said I busted a blood vessel or something like that from vomiting.
art.diva
by Gold Member on Jul. 30, 2013 at 3:15 PM
If its a whole lot of blood, and sort of dark, then go to the hospital. But it really sounds like esophagus damage.

Quoting Anonymous:

The blood is red, slimy and in little clumps and some streaks. my throat doesmt hurt unless im vomitting and i think thats because of it getting stuck in my throat.

Quoting art.diva:

If its bright red and streaky, and your throat hurts, then you're fine (this is coming from someone who threw up for the entirety of two pregnancies).

mom2gmp2
by Gold Member on Jul. 30, 2013 at 3:15 PM
Try using accu-pressure bracelets for your nausea. SeaBands are for motion sickness. They are drugfree and I wore a pair for my entire last pregnancy. I was sick the entire time. They're $12 at CVS.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 30, 2013 at 3:16 PM
Its mostly been in clumps. theres some streaks. but mostly clumps. like the size of a dime.

Quoting Mrs.Kubalabuku:

Red blood indicates esophagus damage, which can be caused by heavy vomitting.  If it looks like coffee grounds, then you have internal bleeding and need to go to the ER right away.  I'd try to follow the nurses advice.  But if it gets worse or your instincts tell you to go to teh hospital, just go.

SuthernBelleo0o
by on Jul. 30, 2013 at 3:19 PM

I would go to the Er... better safe than sorry. Espicially while pregnant.

Kristen.Marie
by Silver Member on Jul. 30, 2013 at 3:22 PM
I would say, more importantly, what have your blood sugars been running at since you have felt sick.

Have you been able to control them well, our having trouble with it???
littlelamb303
by Ruby Member on Jul. 30, 2013 at 3:26 PM

I had a lot of vomiting while pregnant and threw up blood, but I threw up everyday, many times a day.  I was seen by a GI doctor who told me it was from the vomiting(the blood). If you have diaherrea , you may have a stomach bug and you need to be seen by a doctor(because of your pregnancy and diabetes)

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jul. 30, 2013 at 3:30 PM

I'd go be seen. I had awful pain during a pregnancy & then when baby was 2 months old, I started vomiting blood. Turns out it was my Galbladder. NOT saying that's what you have, but I'd get checked out, if it were me, just to be sure.

acrogodess
by Ruby Member on Jul. 30, 2013 at 3:32 PM

Sounds like esophagus damage to me from vomitting for so long

kitty8199
by Ruby Member on Jul. 30, 2013 at 3:34 PM
Probably just damage to the esophagus.
I'd probably still go to the ER. And I'm not one to go to one either.

Quoting Anonymous:

The blood is red, slimy and in little clumps and some streaks. my throat doesmt hurt unless im vomitting and i think thats because of it getting stuck in my throat.

Quoting art.diva:

If its bright red and streaky, and your throat hurts, then you're fine (this is coming from someone who threw up for the entirety of two pregnancies).

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN