Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Our dentist committed suicide O_o

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 54 Replies
Dd's orthodontist actually.

Apparently his son, I know he had 4 grown kids, commited suicide and then he killed himself after that.

Very tragic and shocking!
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 30, 2013 at 5:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
aphrodite7400
by Silver Member on Jul. 30, 2013 at 5:08 PM

so sad.... 

SerenityBerry
by Silver Member on Jul. 30, 2013 at 5:10 PM

I'm sorry, that can be a very jarring thing to have someone in your life take their own life, and how terrible for that family to suffer two losses in such a manner in such a short space of time. 

LauraMH
by Bronze Member on Jul. 30, 2013 at 5:13 PM
2 moms liked this

Actually dentists have the second highest suicide rate. They just got bumped to number 2 but where number one for years. Sorry to hear that though. It's a tragedy any time someone feels they must resort to that. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 30, 2013 at 5:13 PM
I looked them up online to see if I could find anything else about it and not long after they took their lives, his mother died! She was sick though from what I gathered in the thoughts surrounding her obituary. Very sad for that whole family!

Quoting SerenityBerry:

I'm sorry, that can be a very jarring thing to have someone in your life take their own life, and how terrible for that family to suffer two losses in such a manner in such a short space of time. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 30, 2013 at 5:13 PM
Really? I wonder why. My dd wants to be a dentist so that concerns me!

Quoting LauraMH:

Actually dentists have the second highest suicide rate. They just got bumped to number 2 but where number one for years. Sorry to hear that though. It's a tragedy any time someone feels they must resort to that. 

lapcounter
by Queen Mom on Jul. 30, 2013 at 5:14 PM
I was going to say the same thing about the suicide rate and dentists.

Quoting LauraMH:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
zomgkerrie
by Geek Goddess on Jul. 30, 2013 at 5:15 PM

how horrible!!!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 30, 2013 at 5:15 PM

So sad.... Our Vet. used the meds to euthanize animals the take her own life at her clinic not long ago.

Idntreallycare
by on Jul. 30, 2013 at 5:16 PM

that's actually the #1 profession that commits suicide from what I heard. I mean, it's a job where nobody wants to come see you, you have to stare into people's mouths all day (which isn't always bad but can be terrifying). 

That said, it's still shocking. 

UxorQuodMatris.
by Ruby Member on Jul. 30, 2013 at 5:16 PM
:(
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN