Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

mom with autistic children i need help please!!!

Posted by on Jul. 30, 2013 at 9:20 PM
  • 17 Replies

Help I really need it now my son is really aggressive I mean its bad he is hitting everyone that comes over from baby's to 8 year old's pushing biting slamming pouching the whole nine yards of done time outs out the ass and they don't seem to work this behavior started six months ago and every time he gets a time out for every single one. I need some idea's on how to handle this problem. right now i have asked the my friend who has three kids to stay home for a little while to try to give him and i a break from them they are brats i mean really bad brats they blame everything on him. i have seen them purposefully do stuff to him that will piss him off to get him in trouble. he had stopped hitting his brothers and sisters but they started coming over and making it worse. eventually he will need to learn how to handle situations like of lately in the house or how would i handle to teach him because im not allowing him to use his diagnoses as a crutch kinda thing. what would be the best way of handling his aggression with out yelling at him because that just makes it worse he is sensitive to load noises . please help with some idea's 

by on Jul. 30, 2013 at 9:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
vsaul
by Member on Jul. 30, 2013 at 9:23 PM
I have a 4 year old autistic son myself and trying to figure out how to deal with him. I tried everything, he doesn't have brakes.
LadybugsMonkeys
by Bronze Member on Jul. 30, 2013 at 9:24 PM
How old is he?
KGreen75
by on Jul. 30, 2013 at 9:25 PM
With my 3 year old I redirect, redirect, redirect. It's the only thing that works.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 30, 2013 at 9:27 PM
I'm having a really hard time reading this. There is no punctuation and lots of wrong words. Who is them? (The brats?) First you are complaining about your son and then you talking about some other kids. I'm confused!!!
tinkerspell
by Silver Member on Jul. 30, 2013 at 9:28 PM

he is five but all test show that he is more like a toddler 2 to 3 year old across the bourd 

Quoting LadybugsMonkeys:

How old is he?

Cassidysmom611
by Gold Member on Jul. 30, 2013 at 9:29 PM

It sounds like he needs some ABA therapy- is he not in summer school on an IEP? 

My 3 year old is autisitc, however- she is not violent at all. 

I would talk to a therapist, or a behaviorist. 

zomgkerrie
by Geek Goddess on Jul. 30, 2013 at 9:30 PM

Maybe try getting him his own special pillow or beanbag that he can scream into or take his frustration out on.

BewitchedKisses
by Silver Member on Jul. 30, 2013 at 9:33 PM

I agree with some of the other moms. Talk to a behaviorist, or a therapist. Try and get a TSS. 

My 4 year old has some pretty violent behaviors, and the TSS has helped us with that. She taught us methods that work for him. 

You can ask a billion moms on this site for advice, but every child with Autism is different. What works for mine may not work for yours and it's best to find what works and stick with it. You can not deviate, you must make sure you're incredibly consistant with whatever method works. 

tinkerspell
by Silver Member on Jul. 30, 2013 at 9:34 PM

im working on it im like another months or less away from getting the services completly for some in-home aba's but the other chirldren do not deserve this type of aggresiion in any way whats so ever.   

Quoting Cassidysmom611:

It sounds like he needs some ABA therapy- is he not in summer school on an IEP? 

My 3 year old is autisitc, however- she is not violent at all. 

I would talk to a therapist, or a behaviorist. 

chrissara1011
by Member on Jul. 30, 2013 at 9:35 PM

My 8yr old  daughter is the same way...you cant always figure out  what the trigger is...sometimes it can be a song on tv....a certain noise....or the fact she wants attention at that time...all you can do is try to direct them in a different behavior...my DR says triggers cant be helped no matter what....BUT my daughter (NON verbal autistic, with CP and epilepsy) would littraly flip out beating the TV and seaming at top of her lungs when a certain Dora song would come on...one day i flipped out and unplugged the TV for the rest of the day and she cried an wined for 2hours...finally fell asleep i the dryer...for 2 weeks all i had to say was you want to loose th TV and she would stop her behavior...but its back again and when I have had it I will do it agian....she has the process of an 18 month old.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured