Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

lol. my 12 & 9 y.o. just sit around complaining of hunger, but the baby just gets food herself!

Posted by on Jul. 30, 2013 at 10:58 PM
  • 22 Replies
In the morning, my older kids, who are definitely big enough to pour themselves a bowl of cereal, will just sit around on the sofa waiting for me to do everything for them, and eventually they start whining, (usually just as I'm about to make lunch), that they're hungry. I will have assumed they had already had cereal, but apparently not, because I didn't pour it, put milk on it, get them a spoon and call them to the table. My 15 month old, on the other hand, is a different story.

The other morning, I decided to make everyone french toast for b.f., and by the time I finished, baby Karen was into a box of Cheerios, just helping herself. And just now, she walked up to me chomping on a brickof raw ramen noodles. She had dinner, and I've been nursing her a lot tonight after dinner, but I guess she was hungry again, lol. So, now I've got her in her high chair with a bed time snack and sippy cup of water.

P.s., please don't bash on the Ramen. D.h. likes to buy junk food. I disapprove, but it seems to be a battle I can't win.
by on Jul. 30, 2013 at 10:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
loisl25
by Platinum Member on Jul. 30, 2013 at 11:03 PM
Bump
thetrollcat
by Meow on Jul. 30, 2013 at 11:04 PM

shame on you!!!!

meow

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jul. 30, 2013 at 11:06 PM
*cereal

momtolittleg
by Platinum Member on Jul. 30, 2013 at 11:07 PM

We love ramen. Never tried it dry, though. 

My 5 year old helps herself in the kitchen. We actually had to institute an "ask first" rule because grandma just lets her have free reign at her house. 

loisl25
by Platinum Member on Jul. 30, 2013 at 11:07 PM
Lol.

Quoting thetrollcat:

shame on you!!!!

meow

MsEmma88
by Gold Member on Jul. 30, 2013 at 11:07 PM
My four year old helps his fifteen month old brother get the cheerios down and then helps himself lol. Apparently I starve them cause I cant leave the kitchen for thirty seconds without them raiding the kitchen
loisl25
by Platinum Member on Jul. 30, 2013 at 11:10 PM
Lol.

Quoting MsEmma88:

My four year old helps his fifteen month old brother get the cheerios down and then helps himself lol. Apparently I starve them cause I cant leave the kitchen for thirty seconds without them raiding the kitchen

username123
by Bronze Member on Jul. 30, 2013 at 11:12 PM
Kids over a certain age can fix a bowl of cereal and clean up.
loisl25
by Platinum Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 12:25 AM
1 mom liked this
I agree

Quoting username123:

Kids over a certain age can fix a bowl of cereal and clean up.

tiniowien
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 12:28 AM

My 5 year old tries lol...most miss the bowl but she tries lol lol 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN