• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

OMG! Chiggers! HELP!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 17 Replies

Chiggers!

whats your remedy? 

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 31, 2013 at 1:19 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
justbreatheOx
by Platinum Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 1:19 AM
What is a chigger?
SageAdvice
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 1:21 AM

Gas . . . or nail polish

achorney
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 1:21 AM

Nail polish, hon. Dab clear nail polish on the welts and they'll itch like mad for a minute but the bastards will suffocate.

If it's the kids, use olive oil.  

VinVanMom
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 1:24 AM

One commonly known remedy for chigger bites is to apply nail polish to reduce itchiness. This does not kill the chigger or treat the bite in any way. It simply seals the area off from the air, which keeps the sore from itching so badly. If you want to apply something to relieve itching, it's much better to use a salve or cream that contains antihistamines (Caladryl or hydrocortisone salves are the most common). Like nail polish, these treatments will seal the bite from the surrounding air, but they will also help to prevent infection. If the welts continue to irritate you for more than a couple of weeks, they might be infected and you should see a doctor.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 31, 2013 at 1:34 AM

Quoting justbreatheOx:

What is a chigger?

Non-scientific explaination: microscopic bugs that get on you when your out in dense plantation (hiking trails, tall grass etc). 

You don't even know they are on You til it's too late.they feed on you and leave red bumps kinda like mosque to bites. BUT the thing with chiggers is that they love tight places like arm pits, back of knees and their favorite place is waste bands and crease of legs near crotch....my day nothing like being out in publis with your crotch itching like crazy but not being able to do a thing. About it cuz people will think you have crabs! Lmao!

justbreatheOx
by Platinum Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 1:44 AM
Holy crap, that sounds awful!

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting justbreatheOx:

What is a chigger?

Non-scientific explaination: microscopic bugs that get on you when your out in dense plantation (hiking trails, tall grass etc). 

You don't even know they are on You til it's too late.they feed on you and leave red bumps kinda like mosque to bites. BUT the thing with chiggers is that they love tight places like arm pits, back of knees and their favorite place is waste bands and crease of legs near crotch....my day nothing like being out in publis with your crotch itching like crazy but not being able to do a thing. About it cuz people will think you have crabs! Lmao!

MixedCooke
by Ruby Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 2:13 AM

Put nail polish over the raised area of your skin and it suffocates and kills them

mom2gmp2
by Gold Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 2:18 AM
I use ChiggerRid.
Danapopcorn
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 2:20 AM

Bleach/lysol. I grew up the country backwoods so we eventually just got used to them, but a few cans of lysol always worked for my mom (to get them out of the house.) 1 can per room, leave the house for the day.

white_wolf454
by Ruby Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 2:20 AM

are you talking about Ticks ?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)