Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Would you be grossed out?-*update**update**update*

Posted by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 1:42 AM
  • 128 Replies
1 mom liked this

My towns tap water tastes like mold; it's not just my house its most of the town. It has been going on at least two weeks. I finally bought bottled water for myself and DD since we drink the most water of the family. 

DH doesn't seem grossed out by the mold taste and says I'm being a baby. That might as well get over it or stop drinking water. 

Luckily my work uses filtered web water that isn't the towns normal tap water so I can drink all I like at work with no mold. I usually only use the bottled stuff at home with DD,it's the kind of water you can by in gallon jugs of 15 gallon jugs out of the filtration machine in stores.  

Would you be grossed out?

Update 

The city is aware of the issue and has corrected it but it will take two weeks or more before the mold taste goes away. They had mold growing in the wage source aka the river which the filters wasnt catching. Glad I got a faucet filter now.. 

Second update 

the taste still remains after two weeks of being "fixed"

third update

the water still tastes funny even after the weather has cooled down, so I still filter. 

CafeMom Tickers
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 1:42 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
shadow_lark
by Platinum Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 1:45 AM
Yes. I've actually considered it.myself. I'm very picky about my water and lately its been tasting stale to me. So I drink a cup of tea per day and most days that's it :/
tardistraveller
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 1:45 AM
1 mom liked this

Ever heard of Walkerton?

About 10 yrs ago in my Province the water was contaminated and an entire town got sick.  People died.

I wouldn't mess with it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Walkerton_Tragedy

Jaxsonsmama2009
by Gold Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 1:45 AM
3 moms liked this
Uhhhh fuck yeah id be grossed out. I am curious how you decide it tastes 'moldy'. Ive never tasted mold, im sure you havent either. I can't really imagine how bad it must be.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jul. 31, 2013 at 1:48 AM
I don't drink tap water from ANYWHERE.

If it's not spring water, I won't touch it.
tiniowien
by Platinum Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 1:49 AM

I've tasted mold before, it also smells moldy..at first I thought it might be just our pipes. It's not its at least half the town.

last summer we had a full "NO" water use of the town water because of E. coli at high levels.

elitish
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 1:49 AM
1 mom liked this
Your husband is an idiot.
tiniowien
by Platinum Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 1:50 AM

Last summer our town water was off limits because of E. coli levels..sadly they let the levels be high for over a month!

Quoting tardistraveller:

Ever heard of Walkerton?

About 10 yrs ago in my Province the water was contaminated and an entire town got sick.  People died.

I wouldn't mess with it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Walkerton_Tragedy

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 31, 2013 at 1:50 AM

Our tap water comes with floating black specs, and some gross after taste. I refuse to drink it.

tiniowien
by Platinum Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 1:50 AM
1 mom liked this

I agree his water only comes in two forms.. Beer and soda

Quoting elitish:

Your husband is an idiot.

tiniowien
by Platinum Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 1:51 AM
1 mom liked this

Ewwwwwwww.......

Quoting Anonymous:

Our tap water comes with floating black specs, and some gross after taste. I refuse to drink it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)