Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Any other "fertile myrtles" feel this way??

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 67 Replies

DH & I have 4 kids. We had 2 kids we planned then DH had a vasectomy. A year and a half later we were pg again, so after kiddo #3 I had a tubal (cut, clamped, and burned) but yet again, almost exactly a year and a half later we found out we were pg again with baby #4. Its so foreign & incredibly uncomfortable to me to be around women who struggle with fertility problems. Here me & DH have to use pill bc, condoms, pull out, AND i had another tubal (doctor said everything was in tact, but I asked that my tubes be re-clamped and burned)

At church I am part of a Bible study. There are 4 other women, all have had fertility problems. As they discuss their struggles and how it makes them appreciate their children even more, I just sit there feeling completely out of place. I don't want to discuss my struggles of having 4 kids, or how I almost had a nervous break down when I found out I was pg for the 4th time. I seriously doubt they want to hear it. 

I don't know, this is not the first time I have been in this situation, but it is definately magnified by being around 4 women who have a common denominator I do not share. I just find myself sitting there listeneing most times because I do not want to be hurtful. I have expienced the loss of a child, so I do not question the pain of infertility, but what would be a happy medium? At what point do I get to share my "truth"? 

I guess this is more of a vent.

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 31, 2013 at 1:59 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 31, 2013 at 2:06 AM
Idk if I'd call myself a fertile myrtile, but I seem to get pregnant easily, (twice on birth control!) even someone talks about the fertility problems to me, I just neglect to mention my ease in getting pregnant. I can't imagine how it could be helpful to say "I just had to be in the same room as my partner" to someone that is making every effort possible.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 31, 2013 at 2:07 AM

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 31, 2013 at 2:07 AM

MAXnBRYCESMomma
by Silver Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 2:09 AM

I felt bad for my mom. She was never able to get pregnant, so she adopted me and my brothers. I felt bad every time I was pregnant. Every time we planned to have a baby, I got a positive test the next month.

~Annie~

tardistraveller
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 2:09 AM

I have felt that discomfort around people who struggle with infertility, but becuase I never want another child.

I think there are some circles where certain personal struggles can't be shared and understood.

wolfybaby
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 2:10 AM

with both times, i got pregnant with the first ovulation cycle after having unprotected sex. i feel bad for those having trouble. i couldnt imagine.

MommyIn2008
by Bronze Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 2:12 AM
I tend to get pregnant as soon as I try I got pregnant with my first in 2007 got mirena got pregnant in Feb 2010 Mc got pregnant again in july 2010 got mirena again got it out May 2012 was pregnant by August 2012 with twins had them in March and am currently 6w with twins again.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SageAdvice
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 2:12 AM
6 moms liked this

Someone could sneeze and accidentally lose a drop of pre-cum in china and I'd get pregnant in the Antarctica buried in an iron lung 20 miles underground lmao

sheramom4
by Emerald Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 2:14 AM

I feel the same way. Only one of my four children was planned and I got pregnant with her on the first cycle. My other three, one was no BC, but the younger two were both conceived while I was on BC. I never know what to say when someone is struggling or like I can relate to their feelings. 

And even though DH and I would like to expand our family and I am unable to have more children, I feel selfish when I have that little twinge over not being able to get pregnant again. 

ZennMomma
by Silver Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 2:14 AM
2 moms liked this

I am on both ends, I think.

i apparently with my now husband get pregnant super easy, 6 times in 4 years, but all were losses.

i get sad when I hear women talking about getting pregnant, there's a woman in my class with a big, beautiful pregnant belly who already has 10 kids...

I also feel a little guilty when women talk about that they can't get pregnant at all...

life is hard sometimes, everyone has their own journey, you are kind to not say anything, but I'm sorry you feel so out of place.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)