• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I've decided...you?

Posted by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 2:50 AM
  • 20 Replies

I waste so much of my time sitting around, on the internet, watching tv. What do I get in return? NOTHING! I've decided to be more productive. I'm going to use this wasted time, that I might regret wasting one day, to do and learn new things! Things that actually give me something back in return. I've been working out, but I'd also like to learn a new skill that I can actually use. What productive activity do you do in your free time?

by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 2:50 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
rfhsure
by beast mode on Jul. 31, 2013 at 2:51 AM

I like to make art. Usually it's painting or making music, but this week I'm making jewelry because my sisters birthday is coming up.

Danapopcorn
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 2:52 AM

I painted my staircase last night...does that count as art lol? It's black with white trim.

Quoting rfhsure:

I like to make art. Usually it's painting or making music, but this week I'm making jewelry because my sisters birthday is coming up.

ballerina18
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 2:53 AM

Good for you and good luck!

Umm, what do I do that is productive? Well, I've been taking online-post-baccalaureate classes. I do yoga and zumba in the evenings. Other than that I've just been spending time with my daughter and taking care of the home this summer. I'm not working atm but I am hoping to start working again in the fall so I've been sprucing up my resume.

Maks1mommy
by Emerald Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 2:55 AM

I want to start painting again, but with a two year old that could get crazy lol.

rfhsure
by beast mode on Jul. 31, 2013 at 2:59 AM

if it felt like art then sure, why not?

Quoting Danapopcorn:

I painted my staircase last night...does that count as art lol? It's black with white trim.

Quoting rfhsure:

Hartbrayka
by Silver Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 2:59 AM
1 mom liked this

Great idea.  How about learning how to do a nice homemade gift or homemade craft and make one for everyone for the holidays?   If you celebrate the December holidays you can start now and have alot done before then.  One year I did shadowboxes, everyone loved them.  Instead of just little knick knack kind of stuff I did it kind of like a photo collage frame.  I took pics of the kids, and I bout a 4 sectional shadowbox.  I cut out 4 pics and put one in each shadowbox.  Then whatever the picture was, I added little trinkets, decorations, and other cute things to the box.  Like one was a picture of my 2 boys in a garden.  So I bought fake flowers and hot glued them all into that one section.  The oter picture was my son playing baseball, so I actually found little mini bat and ball and mitt from the craft store, hot glued that into that section, added a few baseball stickers to the mix.  Another was my son's communion.  So I bought a cheap set of  rosary beads,placed it real creative in that section,  hot glued it on.  And also added a mini crucifix, and the other was my other son when he was first born.  So I bought doll house furniture crib, blankets, baby bottle, etc and glued that on.   I painted it a nice color, and wala.  Instant Christmas gift that was personal, creative, and unique.  Took me a week to make each one, and I made 6 of them.  For 3 sets of Grandparents (hubby's parents are re-married), (2 Great Grandma's), And Aunt. 

Danapopcorn
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 3:00 AM

Aww, he just wants to help :P

Quoting Maks1mommy:

I want to start painting again, but with a two year old that could get crazy lol.

mommyhonu
by Bronze Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 3:01 AM
I taught myself how to crochet. And like always I have been doing my quilting too.
tonesofhome
by Gold Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 3:05 AM
quilting, sewing, couponing,reading, painting, sketching, crafts and space saving!

writing too, research and study.
V.Dubbya
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 3:10 AM
Wow. I really like this idea. Was it very costly?

Quoting Hartbrayka:

Great idea.  How about learning how to do a nice homemade gift or homemade craft and make one for everyone for the holidays?   If you celebrate the December holidays you can start now and have alot done before then.  One year I did shadowboxes, everyone loved them.  Instead of just little knick knack kind of stuff I did it kind of like a photo collage frame.  I took pics of the kids, and I bout a 4 sectional shadowbox.  I cut out 4 pics and put one in each shadowbox.  Then whatever the picture was, I added little trinkets, decorations, and other cute things to the box.  Like one was a picture of my 2 boys in a garden.  So I bought fake flowers and hot glued them all into that one section.  The oter picture was my son playing baseball, so I actually found little mini bat and ball and mitt from the craft store, hot glued that into that section, added a few baseball stickers to the mix.  Another was my son's communion.  So I bought a cheap set of  rosary beads,placed it real creative in that section,  hot glued it on.  And also added a mini crucifix, and the other was my other son when he was first born.  So I bought doll house furniture crib, blankets, baby bottle, etc and glued that on.   I painted it a nice color, and wala.  Instant Christmas gift that was personal, creative, and unique.  Took me a week to make each one, and I made 6 of them.  For 3 sets of Grandparents (hubby's parents are re-married), (2 Great Grandma's), And Aunt. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)