Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do You Prefer Being Induced? Why or Why Not

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 19 Replies
My last two pregnancies i was induced. My daughter came out at 5lbs 4oz and she stayed in the nicu a week. I think it was cause i was border line with high blood pressure im not sure. And my son was induced cause i wouldnt feel him move as much they induced at 39 weeks he came out at 6lbs 3oz. And my first daughter i had her normal my water broke and i was in labor for about 10hours she came out at 4lbs 13oz and she didnt spend no time in the nicu. Now im pregnant again im 7months due october 30th. My husand works out of town so i hope i can be induced again so we have time to plan so he can be here for the birth. My mom gets mad cause she thinks that the babys dont get to choose their birthdays when theyr induced.. i think its ok
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 31, 2013 at 3:35 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 31, 2013 at 3:46 AM
Being induced with pitocin? I would avoid that at all costs. It made labor so much more painful. As for stripping membranes or things like that may mess with a birthday.. I don't think the particular day matters but I feel it is safest to wait til baby is ready. Medically necessary is one thing but out of convenience, no way.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 31, 2013 at 3:48 AM

I have never been induced, but from the sounds of things it would be the last possible option.

SyllabaryBisque
by Platinum Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 3:49 AM
I wad induced with my first but didn't know until afterwards that it's usually more painful with induction. This time, I won't be induced without a fight.
3boys1girl32
by Platinum Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 3:54 AM
I was induced all 3 times,my first 2 because preeclampsia.The third time was because my.son.refused come on.his own( he was 10 days past due ) I would have liked to be able to go into labor on my own though.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 31, 2013 at 3:57 AM
How do you develop preeclampsia? When does it come about and what is it

Quoting 3boys1girl32:

I was induced all 3 times,my first 2 because preeclampsia.The third time was because my.son.refused come on.his own( he was 10 days past due ) I would have liked to be able to go into labor on my own though.

3boys1girl32
by Platinum Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 4:04 AM
Quoting Anonymous:

Some people can it early on,but most get it towards the end of their pregnancy.it's basically high blood pressure if left untreated can mean big trouble for mom & baby.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 31, 2013 at 4:09 AM
O wow scary

Quoting 3boys1girl32:

Quoting Anonymous:

Some people can it early on,but most get it towards the end of their pregnancy.it's basically high blood pressure if left untreated can mean big trouble for mom & baby.

zachsmom19
by Bronze Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 4:09 AM
I was with both of my boys. If I have a other baby. I will not be getting induced. It makes labor harder then it has to be.
SadiasMomma
by Platinum Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 4:13 AM
My vbac was induced at 40.3 weeks because i had no fluid and it was either that or a repeat csection. Maybe because its the only time I experienced a vaginal birth, but I didn't mind it at all. I'd do it again in a heartbeat.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BeautyGuru
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 4:17 AM

No, I will not be induced unless it is medically necessary.  I think when baby is ready he or she will come in their own time (unless like I said it is medically necessary)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)