Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Staying up, my fur baby is ... update 8/5

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 85 Replies
He is 18 years old and today he has no energy, barely eating, barely drinking, seems out of sorts at times, but is also restless, but not much strength. He has been winding down little by little for a few months now, and we know it's his last days or moments. He is so happy having one of us with him and he is NOT in any pain. We decided we would take shifts keeping him company and watching for changes because we don't want him to suffer. He has been so happy, I got him to eat some treats, small pieces of chicken, and drink 4 times. He took himself upstairs and wanted on the bed - where he normally sleeps with me and my husband. Am staying up until next person's shift at 9.Don't want to lose my sweet boy, but also am glad he is not suffering (please don't change). Could use some meme's, silly's, anything to help keep me going and not bawling. Thanks 8/5 My kitty passed away early this afternoon. I can't believe he's gone. I know it was his time, but have spent half my life with him- the kids their whole lives- and he has looked after me as much as I did him.
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 31, 2013 at 4:25 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mama-sita
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 4:27 AM
What does he have?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 31, 2013 at 4:27 AM
any one up?
justpeachy71904
by peachy on Jul. 31, 2013 at 4:27 AM

hUgs! I am so so sorry I tested up reading this. Ugh I never want to go through this
lwalker270
by Ruby Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 4:28 AM
I'm so sorry. :(
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 31, 2013 at 4:28 AM

I'm so sorry.  That's always so hard.  (((hugs)))

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 31, 2013 at 4:29 AM
He is just very old :-( & :-) that he has been with us for 17 of those years. The most sweetest, most grateful kitty ever. Would lie near us and purr all the time because he was so content :-)

Quoting mama-sita:

What does he have?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 31, 2013 at 4:30 AM
LOL That is so cute! And my kitty is mostly grey too :-)

Quoting justpeachy71904:

hUgs! I am so so sorry I tested up reading this. Ugh I never want to go through this
mama-sita
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 4:31 AM
Aww best of luck to you and your family.

Quoting Anonymous:

He is just very old :-( & :-) that he has been with us for 17 of those years. The most sweetest, most grateful kitty ever. Would lie near us and purr all the time because he was so content :-)

Quoting mama-sita:

What does he have?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 31, 2013 at 4:32 AM
Thank you. Lost my other sweet kitty a few years ago. My husband's kitty is almost 18 & we know it will be her not toofar inthe future

Quoting lwalker270:

I'm so sorry. :(
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 31, 2013 at 4:33 AM
Thank you. I need one right now. I held him earlier and sobbed and he just purred at me.

Quoting Anonymous:

I'm so sorry.  That's always so hard.  (((hugs)))

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)