Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I told my boss to kiss my behind

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 25 Replies

Ok not really they have been cutting my hours. I went from 20,which I can live on, to 10, which I can't. So I went and got a bunch of applications from all over town. Well this one place didn't have any applications so they told me to just leave my name and number which I did. I haven't even turned any apps in yet and they called me Monday to set up an interview. I went in and the interview only lasted 5 minutes. I assumed since it was so short I wasn't gonna be hired but they called me 30-40 minutes later and asked if I could come in and start work that evening.

Well they want me to come in again today during what would be my hours at my other job. I have 3 choices here.

I can either no call no show at the old job.

I can call and tell them I found I different job and wont be back.

I can call and tell them I cant show up today but thursday and friday I can come in on my shift.

So what do I do? I know what the adult thing to do is but if you met these people you wouldn't want to act adult either. They think they rule the world and they can't get in trouble for anything. Which they pretty much can't because no one in town is going to touch them since they own half the town.

I really want to say something to them about their worthlessness but then again if things don't work at my new job....

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 31, 2013 at 6:29 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
beco8627
by Platinum Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 6:33 AM
Its hard to give any advice with so little information about the two jobs. Salary, hours, etc. You stated that your hours are being cut from the first job, but did they say its temporary or no? This new job, are they offering you more money, better hours?
MyStarLight
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 6:35 AM
Call amd say you cant come in that day because something came up *no lie* and you can go back the other days
just in case you actually dont get hired
plus what if the new place wants to see how you do..
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 31, 2013 at 6:36 AM
1 mom liked this
IMO the proper thing to do would be to put in a 2 week notice at your current job. Chances are that they will just ask you to leave once they recieve the notice but at least you haven't burned any bridges. And although it might be fun for you to tell off your bosses as you walk out the door, it never does anything to change their behaviour. Plus if your new job doesn't work out, you could always try to get back into your old position.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 31, 2013 at 6:37 AM
I'd just call off to feel out the new job some more.
CampClan
by Platinum Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 6:38 AM

It really would depend on if I actually got the job at the new place & the amount of hours I was guarenteed & pay rate. If they couldn't tell me any of that I wouldn't even bother going to the new job.

tossed
by Ruby Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 6:39 AM

I would call them and tell them you cannot come today, but will Thursday and Friday. 

It is great that you got this other job, but it is an unknown. Who knows you might go in today and HATE it. Don't "cut off your nose to spite your face." 

It is never a good idea to burn bridges. I was too quick to do that when I was younger. I hope the new job works out for you and is everything you hoped for and need.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jul. 31, 2013 at 6:39 AM
This is what I would do

Quoting MyStarLight:

Call amd say you cant come in that day because something came up *no lie* and you can go back the other days

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 31, 2013 at 8:31 AM

I told the new job I didn't want it if they couldn't give me the hours I need each week. I already have the new job and I like it so far... It's waitressing, and I did it before and loved it then too. The other job they do this to me every few months. This time they went to far and I cant pay my bills now. They are making me come in 5 days a week and only letting me work 2 hours every day. I can't even cover the gas and childcare on that. I'm really just tired of them screwing up and then i get punished for it especially since my coworkers aren't getting their hours cut, one has 2 jobs plus her husband works and the other has full time plus her husband makes good money. I am the only one supporting my daughter and they know this because i already discussed it with them before when they cut my hours. I imagine I'll be fired this winter anyway when its our off season.

Quoting beco8627:

Its hard to give any advice with so little information about the two jobs. Salary, hours, etc. You stated that your hours are being cut from the first job, but did they say its temporary or no? This new job, are they offering you more money, better hours?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 31, 2013 at 8:33 AM

Quoting MyStarLight:

I was already hired at the new place.... and even if things don't work out I'm going to have to find a different job anyway. I cant live on what hours they give me. I cant even afford gas and childcare.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 31, 2013 at 8:36 AM

I don't think I would go back to this job anyway. They do this to me every few months. Even if the new job doesn't work out I will still have to find a different job because i cant afford to work for the old one since I'm only working 2 hours a day.

Quoting Anonymous:

IMO the proper thing to do would be to put in a 2 week notice at your current job. Chances are that they will just ask you to leave once they recieve the notice but at least you haven't burned any bridges. And although it might be fun for you to tell off your bosses as you walk out the door, it never does anything to change their behaviour. Plus if your new job doesn't work out, you could always try to get back into your old position.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)