Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Okay, just out of curiosity, ladies... If you could have one reconstructive surgery, what would you choose? This has come up at my work on numerous occasions. While I'm fairly satisfied with the way my body looks, I'm not gonna lie. It would be scary if I ever won the lottery or something, because I would walk into a plastic surgeon's office with a handful of Sharpies and say "Get to work, Doc!" But if I had to choose just one, I'd definitely go with the boobs. What would you want to get, if any? :) 

by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 7:21 AM
Replies (41-50):
SpiritFortress
by Gold Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 3:21 PM

Pretty painful! They cut into the chest wall muscle so that took a while to heal. I was up and around right away but had considerable pain for a while. 

Quoting SyllabaryBisque:

How was the recovery for the boobs? 

Quoting SpiritFortress:

I've already had work on the boobs done but I still want a nose job. I'll get in and get it done eventually. 

olliesmommy2
by Metal Awareness on Jul. 31, 2013 at 3:22 PM
I'd go for a tummy fix, I'd like to know if that laser sculpting works. I can't get rid of my tummy, and I hate getting cut.
taramac
by Platinum Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 3:22 PM
Boobs
SyllabaryBisque
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 3:22 PM

Oh nooo!!! Right now, I'm at 36D and I'm loving them (and so is DH!), but they won't last! :( 

Quoting casseopeia:

Don't do your boobs! I have seen way too many women with bad boob jobs I guess. I LIKE small breasted women. I hate my own D's. I'd get a mid-face lift.

theresaphilly
by Gold Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 3:23 PM

I would get my boobs done, I am really considering. Now I am a 34C and would like to be a 34D.

MissTuree
by Silver Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 3:24 PM

My eyelids. I have really droopy eyelids, it makes me look 10 years older than I really am and I can't wear make up without it ending up everywhere. They're gross and I hate them.

SyllabaryBisque
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 3:27 PM

Go figure, I wouldn't mind having a pointier chin! I've just started noticing my profile and I gotta say, I'm not too crazy about it! Lol...The recovery scares me regarding any of this though. 

Quoting 3JuJu3:

None, and I have a huge pointy nose and pointy chin.  My profile looks like a classical witch.  I still wouldn't do it.  I helped my mom recover after getting a tummy tuck and a face lift.  Not only was it disgusting and painful, it really didn't even do much for her.  

JoeyLynne
by Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 3:30 PM
I had a breast reduction and I'm so very glad I did. If I could only choose 1 procedure it would be the Brazilian body lift but my hubby researched it and said no way because the death rate is fairly high if its all done in one surgery so I guess it'd be a tummy tuck. I'm short and my babies were huge so I have soooo much stretched out & extra skin that all the exercising in the world won't get rid of. *sigh* I do have a list though and plan on getting some of it done when the kids are more self sufficient and more of our money can go to me. LOL
Anonymous
by Anonymous 9 on Jul. 31, 2013 at 3:30 PM

For me it's a toss up between 1) tummy tuck. I'm really thin 100lbs but I have alot of extra saggy wrinkly skin from multiple pregnancies, that won't go away no matter what my diet is or how much I exercise. 2) I'd like to get braces and maybe whitening I hate my teeth I'm 26 and still have some baby teeth so the sizes don't match and it just looks funny, I rarely ever smile showing teeth  3) My eyes I have really bad vision and I hate glasses, I wear contacts most of the time. But I would love to be able to do things most people do with out a problem like wake up in the middle of the night and know what time it is. (I can't see the clock 3 feet from my face) or read in bed with out having to get up and take my contacts out when I'm done before I fall asleep.

SyllabaryBisque
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 3:30 PM

Hmmm, I'm intrigued. What's a Brazilian body lift? Lol 

Quoting JoeyLynne:

I had a breast reduction and I'm so very glad I did. If I could only choose 1 procedure it would be the Brazilian body lift but my hubby researched it and said no way because the death rate is fairly high if its all done in one surgery so I guess it'd be a tummy tuck. I'm short and my babies were huge so I have soooo much stretched out & extra skin that all the exercising in the world won't get rid of. *sigh* I do have a list though and plan on getting some of it done when the kids are more self sufficient and more of our money can go to me. LOL

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)