Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

what happen to the selfish stay at mom post?

Posted by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 7:41 AM
  • 44 Replies

I wanted to respond to that.

1. My DH works the same amount of hours now as he did when I worked.

2. We aren't on PA

3.  We are very secure.

My kids are schoolagers and we decided that I would stay at home even though they are both in school so that I can help at the school, I can be a room mother, and take them to their after school things.  Also, when I worked and they were in daycare, we paid over 800 a month in daycare.  Most of my paycheck went to that childcare.  After it was paid, I was only bring home 100 from my paychecks.  So is it still selfish that I am still a stay at home mom even though 

1.  My DH doesn't have to work more now that I am home.

2.  We aren't on PA

3.  We are very secure with money

4.  I give up my time to do school things.

Again, is it selfish?

by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 7:41 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
New.OrleansLady
by Platinum Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 7:43 AM
2 moms liked this
If someone has a problem with SAHMs then IMO they are jealous they can't.
momaof8
by Silver Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 7:43 AM

I am a stay at home mom because we homeschool and want the best for our kids so what lol.

Cymbeline
by Platinum Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 7:45 AM
1 mom liked this
It works for you and your family. The opinions of others may be positive or negative.

The important thing to remember is that those opinions are of no consequence in your life.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jul. 31, 2013 at 7:45 AM
1 mom liked this

Who cares?  Why the need to justify your life?

lifeisajoy
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 7:46 AM

I think SAHM is hard! I work in a career and that is my choice.  Everyone should have a choice without being bashed and no it is not selfish.  God Bless the ones who homeschool!! No Way for me.  That is what makes the world unique everyone does different things-

summerlove3677
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 7:47 AM

right,  I just wanted to know her thoughts on it since I didn't meet the three things she stated

Quoting Cymbeline:

It works for you and your family. The opinions of others may be positive or negative.

The important thing to remember is that those opinions are of no consequence in your life.

Megan11587
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 7:48 AM

Why do you feel the need to justify your decision to strangers on the internet?

Cmgmqmmom
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 7:49 AM
Whenever someone makes comments like that they just come across as bitter and jealous.
It's honestly no one's concern if your family has a stay at home parent or two working parents. My being a SAHM does not impact anyone except my family.
summerlove3677
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 7:49 AM

oh I'm not, lol.  I just hoped she'd come into my post and tell me her thoughts on it now that I don't meet her three stated things

Quoting Anonymous:

Who cares?  Why the need to justify your life?

beco8627
by Platinum Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 7:49 AM
1 mom liked this
Meh, our life is our life. I'm a SAHM because my husband and I want it that way. That's as far as I will go in "explaining WHY I'm a SAHM." I don't give a rats ass what anyone else thinks about it
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)