Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

WTH Is So Special About This Figurine?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 16 Replies

I was searching amazon.com for Octonaut figurines. They have the other figures for the normal price-10 bucks a figure.

But when it comes to Tweak, she's 20 bucks!

What the heck is so special about Tweak??? I don't get it lol. She doesn't come with anything special so it makes no sense.

Also, if anyone knows where I can buy all the figures together, please let me know lol. We need Tweak, Peso, Dashi, Professor Inkling and Tunip.

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 31, 2013 at 8:31 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 31, 2013 at 8:35 AM
Maybe because there is a bigger demand for that one?
I don't even know what they are. Lol
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 31, 2013 at 8:36 AM

You'd think the bitch is gold plated for that price lol.

I think I may have saw her at TRU, but just didn't get her..I'll have to look again.

Quoting Anonymous:

Maybe because there is a bigger demand for that one?
I don't even know what they are. Lol

twinners.mama
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 8:37 AM
I didn't know they had toys for that cartoon. That's what you're talking about...right?
QueenAtargatis
by Gold Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 8:40 AM
Is she discontinued?

My daughter is really into Monster High dolls. The discontinued ones raise in price for a while as stock goes down, then they are impossible - $300 on eBay? Wtf?

I've seen large sets of the Octonaut figures at toys r us. Only in the store, though.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
poshkat
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 8:41 AM
Lizzy (the super old car) and doc from cars are more than 50 bucks some places. They only made a certain amount. We found a lizzy figurine for over 200 dollars once.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 31, 2013 at 8:41 AM

Yep. DS has become obsessed with it lol.

My Dad recently gave me the money for their Octopod-40 freakin' dollars! I wasn't going to buy it for no reason but my Dad insisted he buy it for DS lol. So the pod came with 2 figures and then we bought another toy that had one figure-now we just have to find the rest.

Quoting twinners.mama:

I didn't know they had toys for that cartoon. That's what you're talking about...right?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 31, 2013 at 8:42 AM

I don't think so. I think the cartoon is fairly new.

Quoting QueenAtargatis:

Is she discontinued?

My daughter is really into Monster High dolls. The discontinued ones raise in price for a while as stock goes down, then they are impossible - $300 on eBay? Wtf?

I've seen large sets of the Octonaut figures at toys r us. Only in the store, though.

sarahs106
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 8:44 AM
I found them at Toys r us and spent 6 bucks on Qwazi(sp?) They seemed to stay around 5-10 dollars.
SageAdvice
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 8:45 AM

It's highly sought after because it's one that not many were made of, therefore it's worth more.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 31, 2013 at 8:45 AM

At our TRU it was 10 for each but they just didn't have all the figures.

Quoting sarahs106:

I found them at Toys r us and spent 6 bucks on Qwazi(sp?) They seemed to stay around 5-10 dollars.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)