Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

really

Posted by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 8:32 AM
  • 5 Replies
i understand that everyone has different opinions and strong ones at that. what i dont understand is how when i went to the gas station yesterday how a complete stranger thought it was appropriate to comment on how i look like im about to pop because of how im walking. he was male to boot. it didnt bother me at first then i spoke to my cousin and she was offended and explained to me why she was. then i asked her if i had told her it was a woman instead of a man if that would have bothered her as much. she said no. well i think that if that was the only comment i gotten about looking like im going to pop from a male then it wouldnt have bothered me as much. yesterday hubby asked me to get a tire because cords were showing gas because it was at 1/4 of tank pay electric bill and grab something for dinner. at every place someone commented on how i look like im going to pop. yes im 35 weeks and its noticeable how far along i am. i just dont understand why when im running errands without hubby.suddenly men comment to me about how pregnant i am. i have a drs visit at three and hes testing for infection. then drs gonna tell me how much longer he thinks it will be.
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 8:32 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jul. 31, 2013 at 8:35 AM

Men are just stupid. lol

Good luck with your pregnancy!

xtina8817
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 8:38 AM

I don't mind when ppl ask. Men never say anything to me *period* if DF is around. Pregnant or not. A lot of guys find pregnancy attractive too lol I think it's cute ppl notice. I'm one of those that doesn't mind when strangers come up and touch my baby bump though. Haha I'm not shy and I'm not a "this is my personal space" kind of person. I feel like if ppl are asking, they're taking an interest or being excited for that person.

TrouserMouse
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 8:39 AM
1 mom liked this
They are just trying to make conversion because they know having a baby is an exciting time.
Benjamins-mama
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 8:50 AM

i find it funny that it didn't bother you til you talked to your sister and then you are in outrage. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 31, 2013 at 8:53 AM

My DH's uncle did that, and he kept saying it like he was just so wowed that I was "about to pop." Honestly, I wasn't even that big pregnant, and he kind of annoyed me, talking like I was a full tick or something. Lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)