• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Is it a bad decision to marry a guy that has his mom as his wingman?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 12 Replies
Would I be making the wrong move by marrying a guy who does everything with his mom?? He call her all the time, they hang out at the bar etc. Would this marriage have problems?
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 31, 2013 at 8:46 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LOVEZOEY
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 8:48 AM

probably depends on the mother... if she is crazy as hell then it's probably gonna be a mess

tlcory
by Platinum Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 8:49 AM

Are you dating him now? Does his Mother go on dates with you? If you are dating you should get some feel on just how involved with his life she is, if its over bearing walk away. 

SB2217
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 8:50 AM
It depends. do they hang put so often because they enjoy each other's company and are close or because he is still mommy's boy and cant do anything without her?
If its latter then yeah, I dont see a marriage workin unless there are somd big changes and the guy realizes his mom will always be his mom but now he has a wife that should be just as important.
Bethsunshine
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 8:51 AM

Yes! I'd run away from a Mama's Boy, very far and very quickly.

mom2the.rescue
by Platinum Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 8:52 AM

I guess it depends.  It doesn't sound ideal...but it could be worse.  My BIL is like this....and he is definitely not marriage material lol.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 31, 2013 at 8:55 AM

Been there, done that (though I got out while engaged, thank God)...Run...Run fast, run far and don't look back...Mamma is always going to be the first "girl" in his life....

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 31, 2013 at 8:56 AM

DEF!!!  mommas boy to the max!!

momto2boys973
by Sapphire Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 9:02 AM
Yes, it sounds like you'd be the third wheel.
There's nothing wrong with being close to mom. I live 2 houses away from my mil, lol. But it's about how healthy the relationship is. Would she be interfering all the time? Is he capable of making choices without consulting mommy? Will he stand by you if there are conflicts or would it always be 2 against 1? Meaning them against you, of course.
It really depends on how you answer those questions.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 31, 2013 at 9:10 AM
He doesn't see wrong with her being involved in everything we do. He always runs to mommy lol

Quoting momto2boys973:Yes, it sounds like you'd be the third wheel.
There's nothing wrong with being close to mom. I live 2 houses away from my mil, lol. But it's about how healthy the relationship is. Would she be interfering all the time? Is he capable of making choices without consulting mommy? Will he stand by you if there are conflicts or would it always be 2 against 1? Meaning them against you, of course.
It really depends on how you answer those questions.
owl0210
by Sapphire Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 9:10 AM
YES
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)