Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

friday afternoon weddings

Posted by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 8:52 AM
  • 47 Replies

i think it's really annoying how many i've been invited to this year. sure i'll take the afternoon off and take my kids out of school early. why not.

by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 8:52 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
12345abcde54321
by Ruby Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 8:56 AM

bumping. talk shit about this with me! or tell me that if i don't like it i should decline because the bride doesn't want a complainer like me there anyway!

aimesnyc
by Bronze Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 8:56 AM

I agree that it sucks, but I'm guessing they chose Friday afternoons because the price is lower for the venue...and they probably are trying to keep the guest list low so that they won't have to pay as much for food and drink...(knowing that people won't be able to take off to come to their wedding on a week day).

Jennyanne322
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 8:57 AM
I know how you feel, but couples look more for the better price. You don't always have to go to the vows, just the reception.
lady-J-Rock
by Platinum Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 8:59 AM
Eh I got married on a Friday evening 430. It was either a Friday or Sunday. So we went with Friday.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jul. 31, 2013 at 9:00 AM

I've had the same happen to me. It's because it's cheaper on a Friday.

SageAdvice
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 9:00 AM

Times are tight, so people are having Friday afternoon weddings so they have the weekend for a tiny honeymoon - no need to take off work except for the afternoon. 

12345abcde54321
by Ruby Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 9:01 AM

i think that's what we're going to do for the one coming up in sept. would love to see their ceremony, but i have to take a friday off for a wedding that i'm in the first week of school and a half friday off to close on our new house a week or two later. we can only leave early so many days in a month ya know?

these weddings are always huge, lavish events. my dh says it's a scheduling issue. these are his friends and apparently they told him that the saturday weddings are booked several years in advance at the real swanky places.

Quoting Jennyanne322:

I know how you feel, but couples look more for the better price. You don't always have to go to the vows, just the reception.

La_Vie_en_R0se
by Platinum Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 9:01 AM
I've never been to a Friday afternoon. Friday evening, 6:00, but not afternoon.
12345abcde54321
by Ruby Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 9:01 AM

oh no, these people have all taken several week world tours following their friday weddings lol. not sure about this upcoming one..

Quoting SageAdvice:

Times are tight, so people are having Friday afternoon weddings so they have the weekend for a tiny honeymoon - no need to take off work except for the afternoon. 

muzzyh
by Ruby Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 9:02 AM
Just go to the reception.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)