Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How can I be happy?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 31 Replies
My husband wants me happy 24/7/365. If I don't change soon, he is gonna leave me. He is mad at me for being sad, angry, and happy. He only wants me happy from now on.
I asked if he would do anything to help me and he said no, that its my problem.

How can I be happy all the time? I want to please him.
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 31, 2013 at 9:08 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 31, 2013 at 9:09 AM
Bump for advice
ILoveBeingAMom1
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 9:16 AM
2 moms liked this

Sounds like he's the one with the problem, not you. There's no way anyone can be happy 24/7/365...just not possible. There might be something else going on and this is just his sleazy way of getting out of it without bringing up the real issue. I'm sorry...HUGS!

piratehooker
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 9:17 AM
Your husband is a dockhole.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 31, 2013 at 9:19 AM
I would personally tell him where to go and how to get there. That he wants you to plaster a happy face on even though you may not be happy is complete and utter BS. It saddens me that you care more about pleasing him than being able to express your true feelings.
Sj218
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 9:23 AM
Lots of guys only feel happy or mad and when they're mad they suppress it, so all they admit to feeling is happy. Women don't really work that way. It's normal to have days that are all over the place emotionally. But, it's also fair to ask yourself...are you unhappy too frequently? His demand is ridiculous, but is there another issue that need addressed?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 31, 2013 at 9:24 AM
There's no problem that I know of. He is just tired of my emotions. And only wants me to be happy.

Quoting ILoveBeingAMom1:

Sounds like he's the one with the problem, not you. There's no way anyone can be happy 24/7/365...just not possible. There might be something else going on and this is just his sleazy way of getting out of it without bringing up the real issue. I'm sorry...HUGS!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 31, 2013 at 9:25 AM
How? He only wants what's best for me. Please don't call my husband a rude name.

Quoting piratehooker:

Your husband is a dockhole.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 31, 2013 at 9:25 AM
I have to be able to keep him happy. I don't wanna lose him.

Quoting Anonymous:

I would personally tell him where to go and how to get there. That he wants you to plaster a happy face on even though you may not be happy is complete and utter BS. It saddens me that you care more about pleasing him than being able to express your true feelings.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 31, 2013 at 9:26 AM
I'm not unhappy frequently. Maybe once or twice a week. But he is right, I should just be happy all the time.

Quoting Sj218:

Lots of guys only feel happy or mad and when they're mad they suppress it, so all they admit to feeling is happy. Women don't really work that way. It's normal to have days that are all over the place emotionally. But, it's also fair to ask yourself...are you unhappy too frequently? His demand is ridiculous, but is there another issue that need addressed?

ElitestJen
by Ruby Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 9:28 AM

You need to figure out why you're not happy....and fix it.  Therapy, medication, meditation, elimination of stress, whatever.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)