Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I leave my kids in the car every day what's the big deal!

Posted by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 9:11 AM
  • 102 Replies

Poll

Question: Have you done it? Left kids in the car?

Options:

Yes all the time!

Yes at home

Yes 5 min or less

Depends on season

Depends on situation

No never

Don't care!

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 147

View Results

Before you start bashing the crap out of me....  I'm a busy mom of three my kids are crazy & I only do it when it's the safest option for them.  I can't physically hold all of my kids I'm not an octopus and I don't have 20 min to buckle unbuckle & get the stroller each time!  Most cases getting the kids out of the car and back in takes longer than the acctual thing I'm doing!

I feed my kids dress them then put them in the car each morning buckle them in I have a DVD player & remote start so no matter what temp the car is comfortable I take them all out buckle them in and run back in to throw a load of laundry in.  If I take them all w/ me they destroy my basement if I leave them upstairs alone they get into too much mischief.  I know they are safe & comfy in the car for 5 min!  I live in a nice neighborhood not on a main rd my kids aren't gonna get kidnapped!  

I have gone up to a walk up ATM parked next to it kept the car running but cozy locked it kept my other key w/ me & they were fine!

Getting my oldest son from parent pick up at school.  You park in a lot not very big the teachers bring the kids out one grade at a time I refuse to get my two little ones out if the car to walk 50 feet just to get them back in the car!  I'm not going in the school!  I'm not leaving them in extream temps! 

My point is as long as your not an idiot & leave your kid for hours unattended or in extream conditions it is ok!  My kids have fallen asleep in the car if its spring or fall I leave all the doors open & do yard work while they Finnish thier nap!  Running in the house to grab gloves or contractor bags.  If its winter or summer I leave the car running w/ ac or heat!  But I'm right there keeping busy w/ something!

i have a bran new Chrysler town & country the back windows go down the trunk hatch opens for air, it's push button start so I don't even need to leave the keys in it!  As long as its locked and I have the keys if someone tried to steal my car they couldn't get it out of park without the car detecting the key!  

by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 9:11 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jul. 31, 2013 at 9:15 AM
6 moms liked this
I have 3 kids also. I have never left them in the car. Even if I'm just going in to pay for gas, they come. What the fuck is wrong with you? Quit being lazy and keep your kids safe you sorry bitch.
Mammacra
by Ruby Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 9:16 AM
1 mom liked this

They are safe!  

TurtleMomma82
by Ruby Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 9:16 AM

I have to run back into the house for something and to the walk up pharmacy window, but never without leaving the car running.  The pharmacy window is literally 20 feet away and I always wait until there is no one at the window so I don't have to wait any longer.

Mammacra
by Ruby Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 9:19 AM

I pay at the pump for gas!  & I pitty women like you that have to drag thier kids everywhere get a debit or credit card so you don't have to go in to pay!  

Quoting Anonymous:

I have 3 kids also. I have never left them in the car. Even if I'm just going in to pay for gas, they come. What the fuck is wrong with you? Quit being lazy and keep your kids safe you sorry bitch.

momaof8
by Silver Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 9:20 AM
2 moms liked this

your an idiot. I had six little ones all at the same time and never left them in the car. Hope you get caught

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jul. 31, 2013 at 9:26 AM
Pity*

I use cash. Always have, always will. If you're to fucking lazy to take care of your kids give them up.

Quoting Mammacra:

I pay at the pump for gas!  & I pitty women like you that have to drag thier kids everywhere get a debit or credit card so you don't have to go in to pay!  

Quoting Anonymous:

BeAuTiFuL.BLiSs
by Platinum Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 9:32 AM
If I forgot something in the house, I'll leave them in the car while I run back into the house to get what I needed.

That's it. I use my card to pay for gas, so that's never an issue.
Chan_Brawner88
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 9:35 AM
3 moms liked this
That's really sad that you have to put them in the car to do laundry? Wtf? The rest of it, fine that's up to you. But really, you need to make the oldest help so you can do laundry at home.
aimesnyc
by Bronze Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 9:38 AM

My mom left us in the car while she ran into the grocery store for a few minutes.  We weren't babies, she left the car running, made sure we locked it, and we knew that we were only allowed to unlock the doors for her when she came back.  That being said, strapping them in while you do laundry is a bit much...that can be easily solved by just teaching them to not get "into too much mischief" while you are doing laundry.  Or maybe even have them help you?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 31, 2013 at 9:38 AM
3 moms liked this
Nope. They are not safe. You are a moron.
I have 4 kids, never left them alone in the car, and two are 13.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)