• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How long do you think it will be?

Posted by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 9:49 AM
  • 5 Replies
How long do you think it will be before all the anti LGBTQ bigots realize their views are socially unacceptable and they stop expressing them publicly so frequently? It always blows me away how many people post their hate speech here about the LGBTQ community and then act all surprised when people call them out for being hateful. I know that people who hold those beliefs aren't the brightest crayons in the box, but they have to know that their prejudices are simply not acceptable by the vast majority of society. You'd think they'd at least be smart enough to keep their hate speech to themselves unless they know they're in the company of other bigots.

Of course, I remember a time when people didnt usually express racist sentiments in polite company either, only if they were sure they were in the presence of other racists. These days people seem to be much more brazen with their racism too. Like racists assume that because I'm white I automatically belong to their racist club. Um, no.

So, how long before these people learn to keep their hateful mouths shut, do you think?

And, just to be clear, calling people out for their conscious decision to hate, persecute, and discriminate against a person because of a trait they are born with or otherwise cannot control (whether that be race, sex, ability, class, nationality, body type, gender, or sexual orientation) is not discrimination. Making the conscious choice to hate, persecute, and discriminate against people based on traits they were born with or otherwise cannot control is. So, please bigots, don't get up in arms pretending you're a victim here. You choose to be a bigot.
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 9:49 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
jessifromdenver
by on Aug. 1, 2013 at 9:42 AM
Bump
peanutsmommy1
by Ruby Member on Aug. 1, 2013 at 9:43 AM

um never

as long as there are people hate in the name of "god"

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Aug. 1, 2013 at 9:45 AM
How long before all the bigots who hide behind minority titles stop with hate speech against ppl they disagree with.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 1, 2013 at 9:47 AM
Well it took years for white supremicists to realize their views are socially unacceptable... and many still don't realize it.

It took years for men to realize their views of women are socially unacceptable... and many still don't realize it.

I don't think there will ever be a time when people are 100% accepted by everyone. But as long as we keep making strides; we're being successful
Mommy2b2many
by on Aug. 1, 2013 at 9:47 AM
This

Quoting Anonymous:

Well it took years for white supremicists to realize their views are socially unacceptable... and many still don't realize it.

It took years for men to realize their views of women are socially unacceptable... and many still don't realize it.

I don't think there will ever be a time when people are 100% accepted by everyone. But as long as we keep making strides; we're being successful
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)