Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What time do you let your kids go over someone else's house to play?

Posted by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 9:57 AM
  • 29 Replies

So my dd has made friends with the 3 girls down the street they are 7,7 and 10.good kids but my gosh they come over at 7:30am every morning and ring my door bell like crazy if we don't answer right away.my kids are still sleeping at 7:30.i just can't believe that the parents are ok with this i would be very upset with my dd if she did that.what time do you let your gild go over someone's elses house.

by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 9:57 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
brettsmomma
by ~Tammie~ on Jul. 31, 2013 at 9:59 AM

My mother always had a 10 oclock rule. Never call or go to someones house before 10am. We follow that same rule in my house. 

Photo: -Randi.

CelestialSong
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 10:01 AM

Mine isn't old enough for that, but I wouldn't let her go bugging people until after 10am at least. I remember my parents would kick us out of the house around 8am during the summer and I'd go to my friend's house and they'd all still be in their pajamas. I was too little to realize how awkward that was and how irritated her parents must have been.

Babymama7710
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 10:01 AM

That's how it was for us.but I make my kids wait till 11.i just blows my mind that they let their kids go out at 7:30 and wake people up

Quoting brettsmomma:

My mother always had a 10 oclock rule. Never call or go to someones house before 10am. We follow that same rule in my house. 

vegepunkstr
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 10:02 AM
10 am
TurtleMomma82
by Ruby Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 10:02 AM

The rule is 10:00 here.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jul. 31, 2013 at 10:03 AM

I won't let mine call until about 2 pm. Especially the one kid that comes over daily, yelling, eating and drinking everything.  His parents also seem to think I'm his babysitter like at the bus stop, or if they are going out, etc.  he leaves at 5.  Even 3 hours is becoming too much.

I'd like to add that this kid won't play outside and likes to play with the video games and ipad and stuff.  I think kids should be outside (apparently he's scared of bees, dogs, the sun, etc.  my kids spend most of the morning in the yard, pool, or we go to the amusement park or museum.  

Its only the one friend we have a problem with.  

TurtleMomma82
by Ruby Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 10:03 AM

Have you talked to the parents?

southern.momof2
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 10:04 AM
I let them go over if the neighbor kids are already outside playing, so the time differs. The neighbor has the same rule.
ILoveBeingAMom1
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 10:05 AM

Mine aren't old enough, but I would say not before 10 am. Give them a chance to get up, eat, and get dressed before you go bombard them.

Babymama7710
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 10:05 AM

I haven't yet but.i normally just tell the girls that the kids are still sleeping and that don't get up till about 8:30in the morning.but I'm going to today since this morning they came over at 7 and rang my door bell for 10mins we were all up stairs sleeping and I couldn't answer I was feeding the baby

Quoting TurtleMomma82:

Have you talked to the parents?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)