Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

8 year old has Instagram

Posted by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 10:07 AM
  • 15 Replies
I never use my Instagram but opened it up last week & was shocked to see a friend request from my 8 yr old SD. She has almost 400 followers & the pictures she has posted along with the things on her page are NOT what an 8 yr old should be sharing. DH immediately called BM who thought it was no big deal. Oh & I forgot to mention that her profile is open to the public. She has the app on her ipod which she isn't allowed to bring to our home. We have physical joint custody of her, so we have her every other week. What would you think about this?
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 10:07 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AllieReed
by Ruby Member on Aug. 2, 2013 at 8:20 AM

Bump

Mrs-Somerhalder
by Blake on Aug. 2, 2013 at 8:22 AM
1 mom liked this

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO FREAKING WAY

That shit is a pedo's wet dream

.ChiMama.
by on Aug. 2, 2013 at 8:23 AM
2 moms liked this
I would never allow it in my house. Since bm doesn't seem to want to stop this, you need to explain to your sd the dangers of the Internet, as well as safety precautions.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommy_me
by Emerald Member on Aug. 2, 2013 at 8:23 AM
What is it that she shouldn't be posting?
AllieReed
by Ruby Member on Aug. 2, 2013 at 9:17 AM
Things like text me, I want to talk. Hit like if you think I'm hot. Photos where she is all made up & posing like a 16 yr old would.
AlwaysKISA
by Ruby Member on Aug. 2, 2013 at 9:19 AM
Wtf.....
Don't you legally have to be like 13 or something to have one? This is disgusting. Her mom is a POS.

Quoting AllieReed:

Things like text me, I want to talk. Hit like if you think I'm hot. Photos where she is all made up & posing like a 16 yr old would.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Aug. 2, 2013 at 9:20 AM
1 mom liked this

report her account as a underage account. Report it as many times as necessary with as many people as necessary. I would then start the process for a new parenting plan agreement thing.

Mrs-Somerhalder
by Blake on Aug. 2, 2013 at 9:21 AM

Report it, they'll delete it.

by COPPA you have to be 13 to use sites like that

ksueditz
by on Aug. 2, 2013 at 9:21 AM

how can her mother think this is okay? have you guys talked to your sd, and explained the dangers?

SyllabaryBisque
by Platinum Member on Aug. 2, 2013 at 9:21 AM
1 mom liked this

THIS. ASAP. 

Quoting Anonymous:

report her account as a underage account. Report it as many times as necessary with as many people as necessary. I would then start the process for a new parenting plan agreement thing.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)