• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

survivors of sexual abuse, rape, incest etc

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 32 Replies
Please post anon...
Where do YOU turn for help, hope, strength, advice?
I'm tired, tired of living with pent up emotions. Tired of living a lie.

Update:
Ladies I thank you for your insights & I try acknowledge everyone but am suddenly feeling overwhelmed (and physically sick). Please keep the posts coming and I will check in later.
You all are great.
XO
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 31, 2013 at 10:30 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 31, 2013 at 10:31 AM

Have you tried counseling?

myperfect4inok
by Gold Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 10:32 AM
1 mom liked this
When it happened I had no support. I was told to forget about it.
As an adult I turn to the person I call mom and my husband.
But you sound like you need professional help.
Good luck.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 31, 2013 at 10:34 AM
1 mom liked this

I would try to talk to my mom who always tried to be supportive, but since she stayed with my dad it was hard for me to fully talk to her. At times it would feel like a competition, "You need to not whine, I got molested worse than you, you're weak for letting it bother you." She would never outright say it like that, but it was the message conveyed. 

I didn't really get through it until I found a counselor who I was seeing for other issues who brought it out and really helped me get through the anger and fear. It will always be there, I will always hurt, but I feel a lot more in control and no longer feel like a prisoner inside myself. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jul. 31, 2013 at 10:37 AM
1 mom liked this
I had to go to counciling for many years.. I would like to say it goes away but it doesn't it just gets a little easier to live with.. & i also found my closest friends weather it be family or not i told them everything i went through & after someone knew the whole truth it made me feel a bit better.. Just keep your head up & continue living life making your own happiness all they wanted was to defeat you & your dreams.. Your strong..
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 31, 2013 at 10:41 AM
I really thought I have handled all this pretty well (until recently)
A family member by marriage and I were talking about things completely unrelated to this subject and somehow it lead to this subject and how his brother is spending 40 years in prison for killing his molester, his father.
Suddenly all the old emotions have flooded back and I find myself consumed with my past and how as a child I so desperately wanted him (my assailant) dead & had even contemplated doing that deed myself (not now but in my teens).
I have swiss cheese for a memory for the bulk of my jr and sr high years and am not certain I wish to fill in those holes with anymore information.
Yeah, feeling a bit Looney right now.
redneckmama4
by Loree on Jul. 31, 2013 at 10:43 AM
1 mom liked this
I had myself and only me. It was my burden to bare...my past. But it was lonely!

Please find someone you trust to talk to.
Tatum2U
by Platinum Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 10:44 AM
1 mom liked this
There was a support group in my area. I also had a therapist as well as a series of self help work books. I practice meditation , journal and have gone into the woods and just screamed. I hope you find things to help you.
Mrs.Sparkle
by Bronze Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 10:44 AM
1 mom liked this
I have leaned on my husband for his strength when I've been down. I also am out spoken about child abuse and sexual abuse.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jul. 31, 2013 at 10:45 AM
1 mom liked this

i didn't have anyone to turn to. i just held it in and eventually just let it go one day. i still have bad days or situations but i just take some deep breaths and move on. i guess i've just gotten good at keeping my feelings in and a smile on my face..

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Jul. 31, 2013 at 10:47 AM
1 mom liked this

My husband has been extremely supportive. Religious teachings helped me before he came along. I was alone for most of the time.

Mostly I would write about it. It was mostly poetry. You have to get it out somehow.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)