Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Working Mom's with school age kids

Posted by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 10:42 AM
  • 24 Replies
If you're at work when school lets out, where do your kids go? I plan on going to work when my kid's are in kindergarten. But I don't know if I am comfortable with them riding a bus anywhere.
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 10:42 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jul. 31, 2013 at 10:54 AM
Our school doesn't let them get dropped off if there isn't an adult.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 31, 2013 at 10:55 AM
Our school has an after school program on campus.
just_hc
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 10:55 AM

Mine rode the bus and were dropped off at a in-home daycare.  They were there before & after school for about an hour each.

amanda_mom89
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 10:56 AM
My SD is starting pre-k this year. If I can't make it to pick her up in time her school offers after school care until 6pm for $35 a week
peanutsmommy1
by Ruby Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 10:56 AM

I work 32 hours a week so I drop DS off at school and pick him up on the way home. My office is about 10 minutes from his school

Does your elementary offer on site latchkey?

MommyOfOne2710
by Platinum Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 10:58 AM
I hope these schools in my area have this. Otherwise I'm not sure what I will do! My son isn't in kindergarten yet, but time is going so fast..

Quoting amanda_mom89:

My SD is starting pre-k this year. If I can't make it to pick her up in time her school offers after school care until 6pm for $35 a week
chickensmommy
by Platinum Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 10:59 AM
Latchkey. My dd loves it!
lnrmom
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 10:59 AM

When my kids were that little they went to an after school program. Call local daycares, the Y, or the school itself and see what they have available. If they have friends in their class who has a SAHM, see if they would mind keeping the kids for you (offer to pay of course) after school.

alexsmomaubrys2
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 10:59 AM

We are lucky that I am home to put them on the bus and DH is home to get them off the bus, if he has to work late then my dad comes over and gets them off the bus. 

amanda_mom89
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 11:02 AM
She's going to a charter school..I'm not sure if the public schools here offer a program like that.

Sometimes though there are daycares very close to elementary schools who will do group pickup after school and you pick your child up from daycare. Maybe you could find something like that.

Quoting MommyOfOne2710:

I hope these schools in my area have this. Otherwise I'm not sure what I will do! My son isn't in kindergarten yet, but time is going so fast..

Quoting amanda_mom89:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)