Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I think I am losing my mind. Seriously.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 11 Replies

I have not been able to remember anything lately. It's ridiculous. I will walk into a room and forget what I went in there for. I habitually leave the house without my keys or phone and have to go back in for them. Just this morning, I shared a funny picture on FB and then about 10 minutes later I got a notification saying "So and so liked your post 'LOL'" and I seriously could not even remember what the picture was that I had posted without looking at it again. The other day, I put my 5 year old in time out and after about 10 minutes I couldn't even remember exactly what he did that I put him time out for.

My memory is getting bad. And I'm only 25. Idk why this is happening but it's starting to worry me a little.

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 31, 2013 at 10:48 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 31, 2013 at 10:50 AM

bump

KatieHops
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 10:50 AM
That shit happens to me all the time. Do some brain exercises and youll be gravy.
MammaPaparazza
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 10:50 AM
Stress? On meds?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 31, 2013 at 10:52 AM
Quoting MammaPaparazza:

Stress? On meds?
I have 5 kids (youngest is 2 months) so yes to stress. lol. But my meds haven't changed or anything. And the baby sleeps good so I'm not really sleep deprived or I would think maybe that was the issue.
Cmgmqmmom
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 10:52 AM

I am not one to jump to bad conclusions right off the bat, but have you considered mentioning it to you PCP? You are young, but there is early onset dementia and alzheimers. Do you have any family history of those things?

Chances are, you are just tired or overworked, but it's worth at least asking about.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 31, 2013 at 10:53 AM
This is me on a regular basis... It really got bad at 19... And I've dealt with it since... 'My dh worries sometimes but my memory doesn't stay lost for long
MammaPaparazza
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 10:55 AM
Yeah! If you are constantly thinking about what needs to be done, making lists in your head , then that will happen!
It happened to me so I started to use sticky notes and then my friend (who is my doctor and I worked for him) grew concerned about my list making and sent me to psych where I was dx with a.d.d.!

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting MammaPaparazza:

Stress? On meds?

I have 5 kids (youngest is 2 months) so yes to stress. lol. But my meds haven't changed or anything. And the baby sleeps good so I'm not really sleep deprived or I would think maybe that was the issue.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
WendyJR
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 10:56 AM

I wouldnt' worry too much about it. I used to have a great memory before kids and then it all went to hell. I have to write EVERYTHING down that i want to remember (lists for stores, etc). It has gotten better after a few years. I read a lot more now and exercise my brain (word games, puzzles, etc) that seemed to help. If you're really worried about it talk to your doctor.

deenakate
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 10:58 AM

Sounds like you have alot on your mind. It can easily make you distracted. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 31, 2013 at 11:14 AM

I have actually been diagnosed with ADD and used to be on meds for it a few years ago. I had to stop meds when I got pregnant (not the most recent pregnancy, the one before) and I just never got back on them. So yeah, I have issues with concentration but it just seems like it's been 10x worse over the last month or so! And I didn't used to have the actual MEMORY problems.

Quoting MammaPaparazza:

Yeah! If you are constantly thinking about what needs to be done, making lists in your head , then that will happen!
It happened to me so I started to use sticky notes and then my friend (who is my doctor and I worked for him) grew concerned about my list making and sent me to psych where I was dx with a.d.d.!

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting MammaPaparazza:

Stress? On meds?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)