Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

MOMMY business cards? What the hell?

Posted by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 10:50 AM
  • 76 Replies
1 mom liked this

I was online, lovely vistaprint, creating more business cards for myself and saw "Mommy Cards" under the business cards tab. Curious, I clicked.

What the.....?

Do any of you have any interest in making these?

Would you actually hand them out?

I mean, we have phones that save a plethora of info now....why would you make 'mommy' cards with your kids names on it? If you meet some stranger in the park that you might want to hang with later or maybe for people you meet at your kids' school, party dates....'hey, here's my mommy stat card....call us'?

It's just....well.....I don't know...... Is it a good idea, or is it just tinged with....sadness? Snobby?

WHAT ARE YOUR THOUGHTS?

by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 10:50 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
anotherhalf
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 10:51 AM
Stupid stupid stupid. I just put contact info into my phone.
SnapIt
by Ruby Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 10:52 AM
Ridiculous

What next

If a mother ever handed me a card like this, i would think she has some issues within herself in trying to make herself look important because she has nothing to really show.
Sad and obnoxious

What ever happened to just a simple hand shake and a hello my name js ----, bobby and marys mom
Take my number down so we can get them together.
With cell phones these days, thats your address and phone book. No one needs to be handy some mommy card.
Garbage, right after i enter it on my cell phone, like i couldve from the start
Waste of paper
mamasaurusRex
by Gold Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 10:52 AM
1 mom liked this
I don't think I'd buy them or hand them out, but I'd keep one if I got them as a gift. Might even be a cute gift for a new mom.
MammaPaparazza
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 10:53 AM
Lol lol lol that's so dumb!
I would not call a mom who handed me that shit! I'd think she took herself way to seriously and I couldn't hang
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
brysonsmommy_10
by Gold Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 10:53 AM

I think it's stupid.  If I met someone that I was interested in scheduling a play date with I would just enter their contact info in my phone.

TiffanyRose06
by Queso<3 on Jul. 31, 2013 at 10:53 AM
Well... uh...

*scratches head*

Ok then
AngryBob
by Ruby Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 10:53 AM

the purpose of business cards is to inform people of your services.

dh is the only person i need informing, and he's got my number.

Let the sisters take care of themselves, and make themselves beautiful, and if any of you are so superstitious and ignorant as to say that this is pride, I can say that you are not informed as to the pride which is sinful before the Lord. You are also ignorant as to the excellency of the heavens and the beauty which dwells in the society of the Gods. Were you to see an angel, you would see a beautiful and lovely creature. Make yourselves like angels in goodness and beauty. ~Brigham Young
fivegirls333
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 10:53 AM

many people have them.  it is just info. already written down for play dates and/or a get-together.  i don't even carry a purse, so i don't care either way, however, i would rather get this than find a pen, get a paper, and then try to find the scrap when i get home...if i don't throw it away.

owl0210
by Sapphire Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 10:54 AM
1 mom liked this
No, it's pretentious.
sampson200
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 10:55 AM
1 mom liked this

I just think they're, well, dumb.

It looks like 'crazy mom' syndrome.

If a woman handed this to me, I would think she had too MUCH time involved in being Mom, had a really weird opinion of her skill sets or thought waaaaay too highly of herself.

I just . . . I mean, I LOVE being a mom, but it isn't all I am. And it isn't all my girlfriends are, either.

Passing out cards that state you're pretty much well, MOM, seems sad and rather dumb.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)