• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

you got pregnant on birth control?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 4 Replies
How did you know before the test? Did you still get bleeding during placebo week?
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 31, 2013 at 10:58 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Beauty91805
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 10:59 AM
I didn't but here's a bump!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 31, 2013 at 11:00 AM
Bump
Thelmama
by Ruby Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 11:02 AM

I did get pregnant on birth control.  I was switching from the patch to the pill. I asked the doctor do we need back up?  He said no just start taking the pill after you finish your period when you come off the patch. I did just that.  Exactly as he instructed. I was not on antibiotics. I did not miss a pill. I took it the same time every morning. Dh and I won an overnight at a bed and breakfast.  Well, we came away with a little souvenier that was born 9 months later.  We did not use back up becaue our ob/gyn said we were "safe" because I had not missed applying the patch and switched to the pill after the period.  Yeah, I was fertile myrtle.  When my period did not come during placebo week on the pill, I knew immediately we had really needed a back up plan.  However, I do not regret our little souveneir. She is 9 now and a joy to have as a dd.

07lilmama1108
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 12:38 PM
I got pregnant on the pill, was breastfeeding too. I found out in an er visit because I was throwing up and dizzy... Morning sickness as it turns out. I took plan b before the weeks before the er visit because dh says he gets an odd sensation in his balls when I'm pregnant... Figured it wouldn't hurt! Turns out I was 13 weeks at the er visit.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)