Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Haven't recieved child support in 3 years....Help!!!!!

Posted by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 11:04 AM
  • 1 Replies

I live in NY with my 3 kids. Their father lives in AZ and has been gone for 6 years. Went through 3 years of him saying he will just send the kids money and to please not go after him for child support. Then finally after recieving nothing I went to my local family court and filled out the papers to get an order for child support. Since he was in another state I had to pay a server $200 to locate him in AZ and serve him the paperwork. After all that a child support order was put in place. He made one payment (the first payment) and then the kids have recieved nothing for 3 more years now. I called my local child support enforcement agency and they said to go after him I have to find him (good luck) and pay another server to serve him the paperwork. I honestly don't have the money to do that, especially since I'm just gonna assume the outcome is that he will continue to not help support his 3 children.......

My question......Is there an agency, maybe nonprofit that can help assist me in locating and possibly collecting something for the kids?? I'm at a loss.. If he lived in NY it wouldn't be an issue but since he's in AZ my hands are tied :(

Thank you to anyone who can help with any information!!!!

by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 11:04 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jul. 31, 2013 at 11:31 AM
1 mom liked this

I'm dealing with interstate issues as well. I haven't received a payment in 5 years. I hope you get answers. I'm finally back in the state my order originated in so hopefully I can get the ball rolling again. If not I'm filing abandonment and having Dh adopt my son. It's been 5 years since he's seen, called, sent a gift, anything for my son.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)