Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Molested, or know someone that was?? POLL

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 121 Replies

Poll

Question: Do you know someone that has been molested or raped?

Options:

Yes, by someone they trusted

Yes, by a stranger

no

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 234

View Results

I just want to prove how often molestation, rape and more happens.  People are not aware of how often it happens.  Just because there are no registered sex offenders in your area, does not mean there isnt sex offenders in your area.  It just means they were not caught.  I do not think that people really understand how often and how close to home it can be.  Most times people are molested and are forced to kept quiet and sweep it under the rug.  So this poll is to prove how many people it can happen to, and how often it happens.If you have been molested, or know someone that has, please post here and explain if it was kept quiet, if they even did anything about it.  I would like to know.  Please post anon if you have to.  I am not here to judge.

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 31, 2013 at 11:08 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SpnFulOfSugar
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 11:09 AM
I know several people who have been molested by family members, and have a friend who was raped during a home invasion by a stranger.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 31, 2013 at 11:11 AM

Yes, by a man my dad was in the navy with when I was 5 and 6.

redneckmama4
by Loree on Jul. 31, 2013 at 11:12 AM
They were family friends when I was young, nothin' ever done. The rape at 16 was a stranger and not reported.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 31, 2013 at 11:13 AM
Yes, by my brother.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jul. 31, 2013 at 11:13 AM
I was molested by an older cousin. Not only was it swept under the rug, but he blamed it on ME and I got punished for it. I was five. He continued to do it with impunity until I was fifteen. I was also raped in the past by a handful of ex's.
Bigmetalchicken
by Emerald Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 11:13 AM

I only know one woman that was not molested as a child.  All of them, except me, were molested by relatives or friends of the family. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jul. 31, 2013 at 11:13 AM
1 mom liked this
Yes, by an older cousin. Was not believed when I told my mother.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 31, 2013 at 11:15 AM

Wow.. thank you all for all the comments and poll.  It isnt much yet, but it just shows how often it happens.  This made me cry.  I did not want to be right, but I knew I was.  :(  I cannot believe how this happens so often and most of the time they get away with it.  Something really needs to be done about this! 

nelliesmommy
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 11:16 AM

I was by our church deacon when I was younger.

RJC78
by Silver Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 11:16 AM

My half brother and half sister were molested for years by their stepdad.  My sister was removed from the home when she was 12 and told, but my brother kept quiet until jsut a few years ago.  They're both in their forties now. He was never prosecuted, in fact, their 'mother' stayed with him until they were their late 20s.  There's so much more to the story...he destroyed two lives

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)