Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Can I get my milk back?!?!

Posted by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 11:09 AM
  • 13 Replies

If so, how? If I sqeeze my nipple some still comes out but it's not "Flowing". I sort of just gave up on BF because I swear when I pumped, I got not even an OUNCE I am back to work. How do I get my milk really flowing so I can pump enough to leave at home? And then BF when I get home. He's FF right now but I regret it. He's 2 months old. I stopped BFing at like 4 weeks.

by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 11:09 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Armadillo79
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 11:41 AM

BUMP!

meaganmac
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 11:44 AM
I would talk to your doctor. I think there is a chance that if you start breastfeeding and pumping that it will start back up, but I'm not 100% sure.
Ashley_Carlson
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 11:45 AM

Fenugreek 

slashteddy
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 11:45 AM
1 mom liked this
Try a lactation consultant. There are ways to relactate.
aidensmomma12
by Platinum Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 11:46 AM
1 mom liked this
My doctor told me to try fenugreek and camomile tea.
zombiemommy7
by Gold Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 11:46 AM
Theres food recipes to boost your milk supply.
Melissa_4
by Navy Mom on Jul. 31, 2013 at 11:48 AM

You need to put him back to the breast.  His suckling frequently will help.  Meanwhile, try to relax when you nurse him.  Drink extra water, and get some Mother's Tea.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jul. 31, 2013 at 11:49 AM

Pump, pump pump. Get an sns and put baby back to breast when you're home. Find someone who can make you a mothers milk tincture.

Melissa_4
by Navy Mom on Jul. 31, 2013 at 11:50 AM

I forgot to add that it took about 2, two and a half months to get my oldest to breastfeed.  He was born 5 weeks early, and didn't know how to nurse properly, so I had to pump (which sucked, no pun intended).  I was alternating between formula and bm, so once he got to the point he could latch on properly, it was much easier to get my supply up.  Good luck!

Ihold8Stars
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 11:52 AM
Call your doctor.

I have 8 kids and some medical problems that Required me to sub formula sometimes for months... and I would feed then pump feed pump kinda Double time it to get it flowing. Its not easy but it is possible and rewarding.

heck my youngest is 3. I BF till a year and I still have milk! If you're a lucky one with good production you'll get it right back flowing.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)