Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

That was tough

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 11 Replies
I just had to end things with my fwb and I discovered he was a lot more attached than I thought. We agreed from the start no feelings involved, just fwb l. He's going through a divorce and was worried about potentially going back and hurting some one. That was fine with me and he onew I was going to be on the dating market, that things would end if I found some one I was interested in. Needless to say I have. In the interest of being honest and up front I told him that I have found some one I am interested in. Npthing has happened with the guy I have interest in, but in case it does I don't want to feel like I'm lieing or cheating. My poor fwb was hurt and upset. Now I feel like crap for ending it. I know I did the right thing though.
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 31, 2013 at 11:10 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 31, 2013 at 11:11 AM
What is fwb?
deenakate
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 11:12 AM

Yikes, that's why I have never entered into the world of FWB, someone is always bound to get hurt. 

I hope he gets over it soon.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 31, 2013 at 11:16 AM
Friend with benefits

Quoting Anonymous:

What is fwb?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 31, 2013 at 11:18 AM
Me too, but I had to be honest with him. I don't want to lead any one on.

Quoting deenakate:

Yikes, that's why I have never entered into the world of FWB, someone is always bound to get hurt. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 31, 2013 at 11:20 AM

that's why fwb hardly ever works out....someone always starts to get feelings. that's a shame but don't beat yourself up, you did nothing wrong. if he was having those feelings for you, he should have told you.

deenakate
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 11:32 AM

I don't blame you. Hang in there.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting deenakate:

Mrs.Kubalabuku
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 11:34 AM

I'm sorry.  They say someone is always hurts in a FWB situation.  I'm glad it wasn't you, I'm sad it was him.

Just be strong, and if he contacts you maybe try to encourage him to find what truly makes him happy.  Unless he becomes obsessive, then cut him off cold turkey and block all contact.  Good luck.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 31, 2013 at 11:35 AM
I agree.

Quoting Anonymous:

that's why fwb hardly ever works out....someone always starts to get feelings. that's a shame but don't beat yourself up, you did nothing wrong. if he was having those feelings for you, he should have told you.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 31, 2013 at 11:37 AM
Thanks.

Quoting deenakate:

I don't blame you. Hang in there.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting deenakate:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 31, 2013 at 11:38 AM
We're gonna go back to being friends.

Quoting Mrs.Kubalabuku:

I'm sorry.  They say someone is always hurts in a FWB situation.  I'm glad it wasn't you, I'm sad it was him.

Just be strong, and if he contacts you maybe try to encourage him to find what truly makes him happy.  Unless he becomes obsessive, then cut him off cold turkey and block all contact.  Good luck.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)