• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

*EDIT/UPDATE!!!* At the Dr's office - ready to throw a fit!

Posted by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 11:19 AM
  • 40 Replies
Update! Glad I stayed for the u/s after all... Guess my amniotic fluid is very low (just under 5cm) and they want me to go to L&D TODAY to be induced... Looks like we're having a baby today! I am approx 38 weeks pregnant. Moved from NM to Okla almost 2 months ago. Was told by my ob to just have my new Dr fax a request for med records. that was June 12. Fast forward to.today - several phone calls from both me & my Dr. and 3 faxes later - still NO records.
My routine appt was at 8:45 this morning. They decided best course of action was to re do the u/s and lab work in case we NEVER get the records. They want it done today, there are no open appts today so they're trying to "work me in" somewhere. I've been sitting in the waiting room for almost 1 1/2 hours now. Dh is home with the kids but has to leave for work in a little over an hour. They won't even give me an estimate of how long it will be, or the option to SCHEDULE an appt for tomorrow or Friday.
I'm going to lose my patience with the whole situation before long. I don't have the option of sitting here all day, not to mention, I hadn't planned to be here anywhere near this long, I'm hungry! Ugh...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 11:19 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
peanutsmommy1
by Ruby Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 11:20 AM
1 mom liked this

that is what happens sometimes when they "work you in"

the patients with appointments come first

scoleman828
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 11:27 AM
I understand that, it's not that I'm upset about. It's that this wouldn't even be necessary if my old Dr office would just do their job and send the info like they should. Also, I think I should be given the,option to schedule an appt, rather than just be told "they want you seen today".
Right now, what they want isn't priority, my husband doesn't have the option of skipping work. I schedule my appts early in the day for a reason. I didn't ask to be "worked in" and it's just simply not an option for me to sit here and wait all day.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
itzmyzoo
by Silver Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 11:28 AM
1 mom liked this
I would be on the phone with the old OB office and not be off until I heard the hum of the fax machine.
hip2it
by Gold Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 11:29 AM
I understand your frustration but its prenatal care. Its kind of important.
Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Jul. 31, 2013 at 11:30 AM

That is horrible......I hope they can do what they need to do for you faster. I would call my old OB and give them hell...smdh

I personally would have gotten a copy of my entire medical record to take with me  from the old OB to give to my new OB...also

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jul. 31, 2013 at 11:30 AM

Sounds like you should have talked to your other office about transferring things BEFORE you moved, so you knew it would be handled properly.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 31, 2013 at 11:31 AM
People with appointments will come before you. You may not get seen today.
scoleman828
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 11:32 AM
I did. my Dr told me it would be easiest to just have everything faxed to my new Dr.

Quoting Anonymous:

Sounds like you should have talked to your other office about transferring things BEFORE you moved, so you knew it would be handled properly.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mrs.Kubalabuku
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 11:32 AM

I'm sorry, this has to be frustrating.  Can your DH call off work today?  If he only has an hour left and he can't call off, I'd just inform the nurse I HAD to leave right now, then I'd leave.  I'd call back in an hour to schedule something for tomorrow.

scoleman828
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 11:33 AM
That's why I asked if I could just scheduled an appt. They said no, they want me seen today.

Quoting Anonymous:

People with appointments will come before you. You may not get seen today.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)