• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stay at home mom and back2school commercial

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 56 Replies
I'm watching a commercial for Payless and the woman on tv seems so relived the kids are going back to school and she won't have to deal with them and get some quite In her house.How do you sahms feel about this kind of mentality? Do you working moms feel this way?
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 31, 2013 at 11:30 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
itzmyzoo
by Silver Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 11:32 AM
I run our construction business from our house, I am excited for them to go to school so I can work in peace! But this will my first time with all four in school, I have not been home alone in 13 years! It might be a little creepy! Lol!
Mommy_Jenx3
by Ruby Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 11:33 AM
1 mom liked this

I'm a SAHM and it depends on the day and how much they are fighting. Lol. We don't start until September here, and this summer has flown by. I am not ready for them to go back. We are having a great summer. I will still have one home with me when the older ones go, though. And I do enjoy that time with her :)

SweetPea2004
by Ruby Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 11:33 AM

Working parents pay for daycare and camp so it is basicly the same thing year round. SAHM with children in school have to relearn to be at home with their kids full time during the summer. I like the school year our days are planned during the summer I worry about her boredom. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 31, 2013 at 11:34 AM
I find it really really sad. I don't want my kids thinking I feel this way.
meaganmac
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 11:34 AM
I dread when school starts up again. Even when they're driving me crazy, I'd rather have my kids at home spending time with me. I miss them so much when they're in school.
LCWAmommy
by Ruby Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 11:36 AM
2 moms liked this
I'm always excited for summer to start and by the end of summer I'm excited for school
To start again. Not because the kids are leaving me alone but because I'm excited For New teachers and for the kids to learn new things. Also by the end of summer I'm sick of hearing I'm bored! Sometimes it's exhausting to keep them busy all summer.
LizzieAnnesMom
by ☆Mrs.Winchester☆ on Jul. 31, 2013 at 11:36 AM

I think it is a common mentality.

SpiritedWitch
by Froggie on Jul. 31, 2013 at 11:36 AM

I was always thrilled when B went back to school except for the drving him to school part. Some of those chicks just could not follow directions and made it so difficult on those of us that could. *sigh*

My bestie, who is an awesome WAHM (she is now the office manager for hubby's company), is ready to have some quite time when the boys go back to school. 

KairisMama
by Emerald Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 11:37 AM
I work and have my kids with me all summer. I honestly don't get the OVER excitement some moms get about school starting. I love my teaching job, but the end of summer is always a bummer. Being with the kids all day is great. Well get back into routine though. :)
blue_elephant
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 11:37 AM
I can't wait, not because I want peace, because I won't get it because I'll still have two at home with me. But I'm excited because my kids are excited, they can't wait to start first and pre-first...I'm a SAHM, btw
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)