Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Honest Question

Posted by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 11:33 AM
  • 21 Replies

I'm honestly curious. If a woman stays with her husband after he cheats, what do you think of her? Do you see her as strong? Weak? Does it matter if it was a ONS, a series of ONSs or ongoing affair?

by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 11:33 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jul. 31, 2013 at 11:34 AM
Once - no judgment.

Ongoing affairs - weak.
stephiebugg
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 11:35 AM

I don't know. Unless I was THERE and part of that marriage (as in, my own marriage) I dont feel I have a right to judge the situation. Sometimes people mess up and it's up to the couple to decide if it's a deal breaker or their marriage is worth fixing.

Elle.tea.22
by Emerald Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 11:35 AM
I lose all respect for her honestly.
BrownEyedGirl86
by Gold Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 11:35 AM
I try not to judge honestly.
thenameshailie
by Emerald Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 11:36 AM

Once can be forgiven and I believe that she should stay in the marriage. Twice or more, I could forgive the divorce.

Sasha-
by Gold Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 11:36 AM
This
Quoting Anonymous:

Once - no judgment.

Ongoing affairs - weak.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 31, 2013 at 11:37 AM
I feel bad for her. I usually assume she has low self esteem. I never see a woman who stays with a cheater as strong. I've seen it so many times and every woman I know that has stayed becomes overbearing, paranoid, and doesn't "let" the man do anything for fear he might cheat. That seems miserable to me, and I don't see how that would make either person happy.
Pink.Frosting
by Ruby Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 11:38 AM

Not my place to think anything at all.  Not my business or my marriage.

MIA0223
by Emerald Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 11:38 AM
It's their life.
I don't judge either way.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 31, 2013 at 11:38 AM
1 mom liked this
It takes a strong woman to stay after an infidelity... It takes hard work, understanding and a lot of self-determination to get through an issue like this... I think it takes a strog woman to define what she is willing to accept in her marriage and if cheating is crossing the line I do not judge her for leaving...

The only weakness I judge is the reasonings some use for staying which has nothing to do with saving their marriage or love... It's because of fear of being alone, or for the kids or because they're worried about struggling...

I'd rather struggle and be happy than miserable and stuck to a man I cannot trust and love
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)