• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

PERKS AND BENEFITS

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 69 Replies

Another post about working moms got me thinking.... What perks or benefits does your job offer. Is there anything special that you get that you couldn't get elsewhere? Are there perks or benefits that you think you deserve and are not getting? Or maybe some you just wish you had?

My employer pays all of my healthcare costs. I do have to pay $25 for dr. visits, but that is about it. They pay for my two kids private school tuition ($975 per month). I get 2 weeks of vacation per year, plus 12 days sick/personal time. I work a steady schedule m-f 8-5. They don't mind if I have to take a few hours off to take the kids to a dr. appt or go to a school function and then they let me make up the time so that I don't have to use my personal time or sick time to cover my missing hours. Also, if I have a problem, they are always there to help me work it out.

For instance, I had a sitter worked out for the summer. She was pregnant and starting having complications. I needed to make arrangements for my girls asap. My boss didn't want me to stress over it. Since daycare would cost twice what I was paying the sitter, my boss offered to pay for it. She paid for two weeks of daycare, while we were waiting for summer camp to start up. I know that I am very lucky to have the job and the boss I have. What perks do you have or wish you had?

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 31, 2013 at 11:33 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
owl0210
by Sapphire Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 11:36 AM
My benefits include health insurance, pension, 401k, sick days and vacation days. My employer also pays for my commuting costs.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 31, 2013 at 11:37 AM
100% of health insurance paid
Great retirement
Summer's off
Very supportive of families
sick days that roll over

Teacher
itzmyzoo
by Silver Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 11:37 AM
Nada, other than being able to work in comfort of my own home and have my LOUD kids running around!! Lol!
Mommy_Natural
by Silver Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 11:38 AM
This. I am enjoying my last few weeks of summer now. :)

Quoting Anonymous:

Great retirement

Summer's off

sick days that roll over

Teacher
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 31, 2013 at 11:40 AM
The 401k and pension sound good to me. I did forget one other benefit. My boss started the FSA account so that I could pay for my childcare/medical expenses tax free.
Quoting owl0210:

My benefits include health insurance, pension, 401k, sick days and vacation days. My employer also pays for my commuting costs.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 31, 2013 at 11:44 AM
Sounds great. My sister wan't to be a teacher. She is in college now. She is looking forward to having the summers off.
Quoting Anonymous:

Great retirement
Summer's off
sick days that roll over

Teacher

Decemberlov
by Gold Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 11:45 AM

My boss is very leniant and understanding about me coming in late during the school yr...i work 9-5 , but honestly during school it's more like 9:20 - 5 everyday. Taking off for school stuff - never a problem either.

I mange a printing co. so I design and print all of my kids b-day invites for free, wedding invites for friends etc.

I'm appreciated here and will occasionally after a really crazy week of me going above and beyond I might get an extra $50 cash in my paycheck with a "thank you" note.

owl0210
by Sapphire Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 11:46 AM
My employer offers the flexible spending account for childcare but I haven't signed up for it. I probably should considering I've paid $13k in tuition lol.

Quoting Anonymous:

The 401k and pension sound good to me. I did forget one other benefit. My boss started the FSA account so that I could pay for my childcare/medical expenses tax free.

Quoting owl0210:

slashteddy
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 11:47 AM
My benefits include getting paid. Though occasionally my paycheck bounces.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 31, 2013 at 11:48 AM
I'm self-employed... The benefits are great... I pretty much do what I want... The only annoying thing though is the kids run me a mile a minute...
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)