Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Over a 100 lbs lost! Wow!

Posted by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 11:38 AM
  • 6 Replies
1 mom liked this

I am trying to lose weight and a big motivator for me is looking at pictures of people who have successfully lost weight. I stumbled apon this article about a girl who was in the 5th Venus Index Transformation Contest. 

She is amazing!

Suzy started at 240 pounds (she is 5’7”) and gradually over 16 months she lost exactly 100 pounds.

Very impressive results!

It’s always interesting to hear where it all started, what was the trigger point for gaining weight, because truth to be told no one is born overweight, there is always something external that trigger’s overeating and thus weight gain.

For Suzy it was moving away from her sister. No one was looking over her shoulder, she could eat fast food all the time and binge on it whenever she wanted.

Some days, it got really bad.

One day Suzy decided to buy a scale and was in shock once she saw that she weighed 240 pounds. This was a turning point for her and she made the DECISION TO CHANGE.

She began educating herself about fitness and searched online for weight-loss solutions.

However, she had trouble finding the truth.  It was hard to distinguish who was right and who was wrong, everybody seemed to contradict one another.

Nevertheless, Suzy decided to keep it simple. She started running, lifting weights and eating less.

She found success in her approach for weight loss but was completely blown when away she discovered the Venus Index and the concept of  ”body metrics.”

It was at this point Suzy realized that it’s more important to focus on her “ideal” Venus metrics rather than her weight.

by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 11:38 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
bluebunnybabe
by kid crack dealer on Jul. 31, 2013 at 11:41 AM
She looks great! I had lost right at 100 lbs but now I have gained some back. :(
Even once you lose it, it is still hard to maintain. It's a daily struggle for me.
Mother.May.I.
by Silver Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 11:42 AM

I understand that. After I had my son 8 years ago I lost from 194 down to 153. It didn't take me long to jump back up and I have been stuck around 200 mark for years now. I lose 10-15 lbs and then gain it back. 

Quoting bluebunnybabe:

She looks great! I had lost right at 100 lbs but now I have gained some back. :(
Even once you lose it, it is still hard to maintain. It's a daily struggle for me.

bluebunnybabe
by kid crack dealer on Jul. 31, 2013 at 11:45 AM
I went from right about 250 to 150 & then leveled off at 160 which I was ok with. Maintained that for about 5 or 6 years & now I also am very close to 200. I am hovering at 190-195.
bluebunnybabe
by kid crack dealer on Jul. 31, 2013 at 11:47 AM

Mobile Photo

Here's a pic I had in my phone
Mother.May.I.
by Silver Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 11:47 AM

That is awesome! Congrats on that. Do you work out? Running?

Quoting bluebunnybabe:

Mobile Photo

bluebunnybabe
by kid crack dealer on Jul. 31, 2013 at 12:50 PM
Back then I walked two miles a day. And watched everything I ate. About 1200 - 1500 calories a day. People were asking what kind of pills I was taking & stuff like that but to me, there's no quick fix & I am very scared of things like that. I intend to get back to walking. It's very hard but I know when I get fed up enough I will get it done. This pic was about 240lbs & 160 I believe. I don't think I have any of my lowest & highest. Hovering dangerously close to 200 now. :(

Quoting Mother.May.I.:

That is awesome! Congrats on that. Do you work out? Running?

Quoting bluebunnybabe:

Mobile Photo

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)