Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

moms that get free time from the kid(s)

Posted by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 11:58 AM
  • 230 Replies
And I'm not talking about when they're @ school, I'm talking about them gone for the weekend or how ever you have it sat up.

Every since ds was about 4 weeks old he'd spend the night with mil for 1day sometimes almost two but we'd always pick him up on that second day. She got him every weekend. (He's our only and my inlaws only as well)

Once ds got older he started spending the night for two whole days, now that he's 2 years old he spends the night from Friday- Sunday (sometimes Monday's) or it'll change if she wants him for those 2 or 3 days out the week. Mil is like my bff and she's only 15 minutes away so while he's there we still stop by. This has been going on for 2years and I love it. Every mom needs that mommy time and i get it and proud of it! I made this post awhile back and got bashed by most of the moms who don't get out much (not my problem). I can still have a life outside of being a mom.

I like to go out to dinner with dh, movies with him etc etc. Far as myself, I like getting my eyesbrows done, nails done either by myself or with my close friend.

Plus I work but I pick my own hours same for dh but even if we aren't working this doesn't change. So for the moms that have their mommy time don't ya just loveee it?

Ps twist this post up if you like but your opinion isn't going to change.

by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 11:58 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
BUFFIE.the.BODY
by Ruby Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 11:59 AM
Ps I'm mobile so it maybe typos or grammar etc don't care. This is the internet not a class assignment.
BUFFIE.the.BODY
by Ruby Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 12:02 PM
Bump
CCMami
by Silver Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 12:02 PM

I have pretty much the same set-up.  My parents have only 2 grand daughters and they happen to be mine.  They have been taking our kids since they were infants.  My parents also take them on their actual BIRTH-day.  They take them to do whatever they want and do lunch  and dinner as well.  My mom and dad adore my girls and cant be with out them.  I just had a free weekend last weekend.  Those are our date nights to go to the movies, dinner and run the house naked.  :D  My inlaws are a piece of garbage.

corib4687
by Silver Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 12:06 PM
I have pretty much the same set up...except I get one night (usually Saturdays) and its my mother who takes my DS. They enjoy their time together.

I really don't see it as any different when a child goes to another parent's house every other weekend...(which my DS does not go to his dad's)
MissTuree
by Silver Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 12:07 PM
1 mom liked this

I've never had the kind of set up like you do, but we moved across country two years ago and my ds (almost 9) has spent the past two summers with them. 2 whole months. I miss him but at the same time it's nice that we get to hang out with our childless friends carefree. 

rory10
by Bronze Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 12:07 PM

I don't think I could do every weekend like that, but I do like having a weekend to myself about once a month. I just run out of things to do too fast.

blsdbyangel07
by Evil Food Lady on Jul. 31, 2013 at 12:08 PM
1 mom liked this

Due to my medical issues my parents keep my son as needed when i'm in a lot of pain & cannot take care of him.  He's 6 so he pretty much can do a lot for himself but he has special needs and sometimes i can not meet those needs so it's best for the both of us.  

So I guess you can say that's mommy time...  I spend it in bed most of the time.  I'm rarely on my desk top and when I am I rotate 10 minutes sitting then 10 minutes standing.  Repeatedly bc everything causes pain but i go numb doing either of those longer than 10 minutes.

On occassion ill have lunch with a friend from church.  I go to church weekly....  sunday of course but then my moms church on wednesday.  Thursday is recovery group which is like a support group helping you get over daily struggles like depression, addictions, self esteem issues and pretty much anything!

I do not go out much because of how i feel...  most days i feel like im gonna fall apart.  i struggle with holding back tears bc the pain is so bad so I do not want others seeing me that way so my mommy time is usually done in the comfort of myself at my apartment.  Sometimes, ill visit my aunt bc she is my rock!

Marimaru
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 12:08 PM
2 moms liked this

I wouldn't really want to be away from kids every single weekend, but if I lived closer to my mom, my kids would definitely have sleepovers at her house.  That is one downside to not living near family for sure.

BeAmour
by Tonya on Jul. 31, 2013 at 12:09 PM
Yeah. We do the every other weekend thing with his dad and currently, he's in GA with his dad for his second 2 week visitation. He'll be back on the 10th.
BUFFIE.the.BODY
by Ruby Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 12:09 PM
Your parents sound like my inlaws!!! ^_^ I love how they're so involved just as much as we are. My parents are a little different though. My father is a working man so he's always busy but he sees him EVERYDAY on break (when ds isn't gone with the in-laws). But I wouldn't leave him with my dad bc he'd probably loose ds lol my mom is always doing her
own thing but she sees him as well.

If anything was to ever happen to dh and I (god forbid) I'd want him to go with my in-laws

Quoting CCMami:

I have pretty much the same set-up.  My parents have only 2 grand daughters and they happen to be mine.  They have been taking our kids since they were infants.  My parents also take them on their actual BIRTH-day.  They take them to do whatever they want and do lunch  and dinner as well.  My mom and dad adore my girls and cant be with out them.  I just had a free weekend last weekend.  Those are our date nights to go to the movies, dinner and run the house naked.  :D  My inlaws are a piece of garbage.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)